Author Topic: There was a time...  (Read 48173 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: There was a time...
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
All games are actually simple, you use a controller in Warcraft 2's case a mouse and keyboard and play other people. You guys are now getting so delusional you are comparing GOW to chess which has prodigies and people that are far smarter and more skilled than Swift or Virus lmao. Comparing skill video game to video game is actually some of the nerdiest shit I've seen especially with the passion you guys put into it. Video games take skill, I've showed how its obvious the percents and records show I am very good at what I do and it takes skill. Why don't you guys go challenge a chess grand master in chess? You would get beaten so quickly it would be hilarious kind of the same way a 1v1 will go in PBall between TK or Swift and me.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »
War2 is actually more complex than chess. So many more variables. If I spent as much time playing chess in the last 17 years as I have war2, I feel confident I would be top 100 in the world at chess... assuming all other war2 players didn't do the same thing, but even if they did I'm sure I'd still be top 3-400

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »
You fail to understand the reason you win so much is because your competition is extremely weak. I can go kick a bunch of 2nd graders ass in a game of h.o.r.s.e but I'm not going to pretend like someone in the NBA can't beat me at my own game of horse

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
I think me and green plastic had that exact same conversation when we played a few games of chess together "dude if we were playing chess this whole time instead of War2 we would be one of the best in the world"

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2015, 01:46:38 PM »
Mmm.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
I think me and green plastic had that exact same conversation when we played a few games of chess together "dude if we were playing chess this whole time instead of War2 we would be one of the best in the world"

War2 is actually more complex than chess. So many more variables. If I spent as much time playing chess in the last 17 years as I have war2, I feel confident I would be top 100 in the world at chess... assuming all other war2 players didn't do the same thing, but even if they did I'm sure I'd still be top 3-400

Lmfao. Unbelievably retarded.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
A good person to ask would be frostbitten aka Christopher P. He was a decent war2 player and rated like 1900 in chess

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »
You're right FuckBoi that statement is beyond retarded! LMFAO!!! He actually believes a real time strategy game takes more skill than a 100's of year old pure logic and reading the future game. Here's the difference between mine and your arguement TK, I state real records, real tournament wins, real facts about the history of PBall. You then make claims that so and so could do this and PBall is this, mine are facts yours are just bullshit and conjecture. Where you've now gotten this idea the PBall player skill pool is weak I have no idea it's not based in fact. QUICK{hR} and Xcal are both extremely good PBallers that are very near my level. In PBalls hayday in the early 2000s there were dozens of PBall clans and 100's of very good PBallers. There are still dozens of PBallers still many of them top level PBallers. QUICK{hR}, Xcal, Cs-Kirby, Murd0ck, Proof-Dealer, HiRoller{hR}(AKA: Cheaterhood) Real{hR}. You have something stuck in your head so you're going to continue your worn out argument that your game is the only game that takes skill. Just because GOW takes skill does not mean other Warcraft 2 maps do not. Personally I play videos games and PBall for fun and to relax. The competition that comes with it is just a bonus and is fun. It is a hobby not some magical skill that I must force on others that my game takes the most and only skill. I know what I have accomplished and I have nothing to prove anyway. I certainly won't lose any sleep over some BNE players claiming they are superior in something they know little about.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:08:00 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
U guys realize chess has a finite amount of possible moves, right? .. many of which get repeated over and over. War2 possibilities are literally infinite

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
Warcraft strategies are reused by people. You can much more easily teach someone to become a good Warcraft 2 player than teach them to be a grand master in chess. Chess skill comes from logic and understanding of what moves will be made. It also involves the psychology of understanding how your opponent plays. Warcraft 2 BNEs while definitely having a huge amount of strategies the best ones are reused and it can be taught to pretty much anyone who puts their mind to it and dedicates time to it. Also Warcraft 2 involves physical movement, reflexes, and reactions chess is a purely intelligence, logic, and psychological game. Being good at any Warcraft 2 map does not take near the intelligence or skill involved in being a top level chess player.

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2015, 03:04:30 PM »
U guys realize chess has a finite amount of possible moves, right? .. many of which get repeated over and over. War2 possibilities are literally infinite

Oh Lord lol.
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »
I mean, I feel obligated to mention here that Smeagol was comparing pball to chess just like a day or two ago, but right now he's right.

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »
whoa War2 is really more advanced than I thought, thanks tk[as]! infinite possibilities *stares into space with a goofy grin*

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
I didn't bring up the comparison. Crash3r mentioned he thought of PBall as chess. I said I've heard many PBallers say that but that I don't agree with it. I only agree with it in the way that each unit has it's own function. Other than that the logic and intelligence is a far different thing in chess. Chess takes dedication and logic to get good at. Anyone could set their mind to get good at PBall or BNEs and I'm sure they would with help and time. Chess is just a totally different type of skill to me. Chess Grand Masters and tournament winners make lots of money from what they do and most of them have dedicated their lives or much of their time to it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:11:05 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2015, 04:51:06 PM »
i guess im not seeing how chess requires above average intelligence to be good at long term. sure initially intelligence dictates how fast you pick it up but if you play a couple hours a day, nearly every day, for years on end (just like the good war2 players have done at some point in their life)..at some point i have to believe the vast majority of the moves become instinctual and almost reflexive.