Author Topic: There was a time...  (Read 56425 times)

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: There was a time...
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2015, 02:18:17 AM »
p.s. smeagol - pball takes an obnoxious amount of consistent attentiveness, and knee jerk reactions to do well at it. these two requirements are even more necessary than they are in maps like gow. I can get away with spacing out and reacting a millisecond late to almost any interaction in gow, and make up for it with consistency.

i'm sure you've beaten me some times at it, i've never attempted to learn it. i'm also confident you can beat 95% of gowers at it, even though gowers overall are 10 million times better than pballers by default, they still just suck at war2.

however, if i applied myself for one day to just practice pb then i'd beat you consistently on the second
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2015, 06:55:30 AM »
This is actually some of the most sense a GOW player has spoken on this post(also funny it comes from one of the very top GOW players) ---> "p.s. smeagol - pball takes an obnoxious amount of consistent attentiveness, and knee jerk reactions to do well at it. these two requirements are even more necessary than they are in maps like gow. I can get away with spacing out and reacting a millisecond late to almost any interaction in gow, and make up for it with consistency.

i'm sure you've beaten me some times at it, i've never attempted to learn it. i'm also confident you can beat 95% of gowers at it, even though gowers overall are 10 million times better than pballers by default, they still just suck at war2."

PBall is not the same skill set as GOW it takes a completely different type of playing and reaction / strategy. Everyone on this post who argues against PBall taking skill or that they could beat top PBallers without ever playing it are biased in the game they play and go on what they think not experience of playing PBall. Also Swift I do not doubt that if you put your mind to it(doubt a day practice though) you could become good at PBall. I imagine if you got experienced and learned PBall you and I could have many very good games. I still think I'd pull ahead overall early and over time, but you could be a rival like Murd0ck was or Adam-w is now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:58:37 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2015, 07:27:47 AM »
its too bad you don't know swift very well. if you did, you could have predicted he would have said exactly that:

Smeagol you're good at pball (now that he said that you have to agree with pretty much everything he says from here on out)
pball takes an obnoxious amount of skill (reinforcing the idea that you have to agree with him.. and setting himself up for what he's about to say next)
Everyone else sucks at war2 and none of them would beat you at pball ( now he's building himself and you up so you keep agreeing with him, and because he just likes building himself up)

and then the part we've all been waiting forrr...........

i could learn the map in a day and dominate you consistently (but nobody else could.. just me. everyone look at me)

you bought the shit hook line and sinker

maybe swift does believe the shit he just said (i highly doubt it) .. if swift really believes the obnoxious skill part about moving 4-6 different types of units around a map and using each unit in the most effective manner takes obnoxious skill that only he is capable of mastering he's a bigger idiot than i thought

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2015, 07:31:35 AM »
I know Swift better than you realize, I've known him since at least 2006. What he says is not untrue PBall is quicker reactions and a different strategy and yes I would destroy 95% of GOW players in it. Also Swift is going to think he'll be good because he GOWs extremely well, he'd be good but not as good as he claims probably we'd have to see. I think this song is fitting here is my response to anyone who says they can beat me 1v1 in PBall I welcome a challenge =D . "That crazy ass PBall G is back in the house the notorious PBall G SME.  Dropping fireballs on your ass bitch, niggas in top shape get dealt with real quick, so if you wanna take a trip to a PBall game let a nigga like Smeagol know. Protected by niggas with dicks, AKs, and 187 skills, so if its the muscle you testing we can handle in a 1v1 nigga fuck debating online. ;D ." Haha.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2015, 07:32:41 AM »
im gonna set my laptop up this weekend. we will play p ball one day. i will be a stronger pball player than you the next day.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2015, 07:36:20 AM »
PBallers up Newbs down. Can't wait for this, you're going to get run over the first few games. You may be able to hold me to make a decent game after some time. You will not beat me with any consistency lmao. 14-7 tournament wins, 60-10 in individual games in those tournaments or so, and people that understand PBall far better and have far more experience than you I win more than I lose vs 1v1, good luck with that.
Let me refer you to this again: :P

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2015, 08:02:15 AM »
I will beat you with consistency. Its a basis map with basic concepts. The reason you are the "best" is because all of your competition seems to be weak. After playing me you will improve

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2015, 08:09:02 AM »
Wrong again, your claims mean nothing as they won't come true. Whatever skill there is to PBall you will soon learn that you aren't close to the level I am in it.
"In the clearing stands a PBaller and a fighter by his trade, and he carries the reminders of every fireball that laid him down or cut him until he cried out in his anger and his shame. I am leaving I am leaving, but the fighter still remains." ;)
I look forward to this weekend, your view of PBall and beating me in it is totally distorted, but it will be fun I seriously can't wait to 1v1 you in 45 Man, 80 Man, and old school PBalls lmao.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2015, 09:12:19 AM »
"The BNE players came from all over to see the PBallers get spanked by the GOW players hand. The GOW players were gay they came to see their Gow playing boys whip old Smeagol. As TK said would you rather have Smeagol's PB Trophy icon or the sword of SME. Then for the first time the GOW players heard that awful HILE yell. The fields of Strife PBall became a ruby red and many a GOW and BNE player lay in the grasses dead. A fight locked in the chest of time too horrible to tell for the BNE players on Strife that day it became a plains of hell. Don't count your chicks before they're hatched or your work until it's done. Remember yes remember long the battle for PBall."

Ah these song lyric alterations are cracking me up but the morals hold true for comparison haha. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:40:14 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »
tk - i didn't set anything up, i was just giving him credit saying although pball requires a very limited and obnoxious skill set that he would still beat most people, and then stating an undeniable fact that i would smash him, probably 5-0 in a bo9, after 1 days worth of practice. p.s. stop shitting on me all the time tk

smeagol - pball doesn't have very much strategy at all, although it has a little. basically it's just about consistent attentiveness and knee jerk reactions and nothing more. it's an oddly simple map that lacks 99.8% of skills needed in war2 and can't be compared to non-gimmick maps. gow easily requires more than 1,000 times the skill. no exaggeration there. and you have yet to prove that you could even become average at a map that encompasses nearly all skills in the game. you could be amazing at dribbling a bball and it doesn't mean shit

gow & similar maps = chess
arena/friends & similar maps = checkers
pball = tic tac toe
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 12:59:09 PM »
If I can't shit on u then who

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »
Ridiculous claims with no facts to back them up seem the norm here. You are both biased by playing GOW and the overall attitude of the server. You wouldn't own me in a best of 3 let alone a best of 9 Swift. You would get raped off easily because you aren't anything compared to me in PBall. You actually sound like a joke just as much as these others who make claims of beating people but dodge, get real. I didn't become 14-7 in tournaments and lead in a majority of series vs good PBallers by some 1% skill margin. Delusions and claims that have no backing are nice they just don't mean shit especially when no one steps up to even attempt to prove their ridiculous claims.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
Also chess is a pure logic game that involves thinking moves ahead and is all mental. Chess has nothing to do with physical reactions or speed is far more logical than any game you will find on Warcraft. Duplicate bridge the card game is a similar logic based game judged by how each pair bids on and plays the cards, everyone plays the same cards in turns, it is a logic game like chess. Tic Tac Toe is a totally 50 50 game and just requires you to understand the rules. For me to be able to keep a 90% record+ when doing even games(1v1s and 2v2s) like I did on Smeagol- on east(2000-180 after 2 years) and 100-1 on Smeagol on RU is not even close to tic tac toe it's a bad troll job by you. I do more uneven games because my skill is far above the average person in PBall so my record is more even. Make more claims with no basis in fact then dodge and troll on =D .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:09:34 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »
Its a basic game man. The skills required to be good at it are very limited. That's just the way it is. If you enjoy it that's fine.. not to bash you, but you don't even realize how much more technical the map would get if it were played on EF... which it would.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2015, 01:18:44 PM »
If you took the time to get good @ a classic EF map you would realize the parallels between it and chess. I've heard many great players compare the two and I myself see how they compare in many ways