Author Topic: Double click macro in utilities  (Read 26160 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Double click macro in utilities
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »
if i did not realize you could type the hotkey O for ogre.. do you think i would have assumed that viruz using a button designated for "click + O" was a possiblity?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »
hey foonat whats up

yes if one were to use that utility they would be cheating.  therefore i can only assume whoever put that link online actually was uploading a trojan so we could track and bust cheaters

except you knew that wasnt the case at all when you typed that possible "trojan" scenario ... stop being passive aggressive ya little shit

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 11:12:32 AM »
actually i just thought that'd be a more fun & light-hearted thing to say than "omg shit, take it down now."  heres a secret though i also knew you knew what the O hotkey is and just think your viruz macro theory is dumb

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »
like i was watching the video and there were many times i saw him click on a barracks and then saw the Ogre butan get indented and how long do you think it takes to press a button anyway

the actual macros that exist for custom players are ones that select all their barrackses and train from all of them

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 11:29:00 AM »
There's a replay of viruz lusting while on the run and it's insane how fast he does it. Insane if you're not using double click any way... the ability to do that wins games against someone who can't do it when the game is fairly close.

There is a replay (warvid) of swift doing it and AFAI can tell, there are no macros involved, just mouse skills...
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
obv it doesnt take long to type O ... but it doesnt take long to click twice either.

a button that will click twice for you gives you an edge

a button that types O (or A for archers) as soon as you click is faster than Click+o or Click+a 

not sure if you ever played archers, or had like 6-7 rax in gow/ef, but it's pretty easy to get going so quick that you miss units because you're just rolling through hitting click+a click+a click+a but sometimes might mistype the A or O

so you got 6 or so rax, but maybe only averaging 5 units each go around because you misclick on one of the raxes

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »
like i was watching the video and there were many times i saw him click on a barracks and then saw the Ogre butan get indented and how long do you think it takes to press a button anyway

the actual macros that exist for custom players are ones that select all their barrackses and train from all of them
Its time to add macros to the antihack.

Now I think of it almost all players who gow use this. I was always like there is no way to list that fast without help. I would like you to go through my games log and remove all my losses from gow please and thanks. I just started trying to learn the damn map now fuck it.

I'm gonna have to make a damn pixel reading macro so I can have auto heal with my palis seems fair now.....

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 11:35:06 AM »
There's a replay of viruz lusting while on the run and it's insane how fast he does it. Insane if you're not using double click any way... the ability to do that wins games against someone who can't do it when the game is fairly close.

There is a replay (warvid) of swift doing it and AFAI can tell, there are no macros involved, just mouse skills...

AFAU can tell... is it mouse skills here or double click?   

https://www.twitch.tv/00joew2/v/62692116 @ 24:50

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 11:40:39 AM »
Jade and I tested DC's effectiveness a few times in bgh game when we would line up ~90 ogres and each of race to lust, with myself not using it. If I recall correctly, I would consistently lust around 78 ogres in the time she lusted around 90. 
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »

AFAU can tell... is it mouse skills here or double click?   

https://www.twitch.tv/00joew2/v/62692116 @ 24:50
There is no way fucking way!!! To lust that fast without 3rd party programs.

Think of it like this watch when people sends brand new waves all lused up but you know those were new orge mages so to get the max lust they need more mana or that's more orge they have to toggle through and he's going to toggle slower. You can't deceive this unless you cheat with macro.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:53:35 AM by tupac »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 11:52:33 AM »
its double click but he doesnt try to deny it. i thought more people probably used it but i just looked at Szwag, startale, and player's twitch and they all use regular single click mouse to double click.. braviet says he doesn't use it and i believe him because he's slow @ lusting when you compare him to someone who does use double click.

i just designated one of the buttons on my mouse to double click and i noticed another huge advantage.. say you want to highlight a group of 9 peons, grunts, dks, ogres, or whatever ... you typically double click on one of them and it highlights the nearest other 8 similar units closest to the one you double clicked on... well if the units you're trying to highlight are moving sometimes it's difficult to accurately double click on one to get the rest highlighted. the double click button makes it a whole lot easier. you only have to accurately click the moving unit one time with the double click button

its a cool little feature to use if you learn to get comfortable with it

but yeah.. pretty much all new mice that come with more than just 2 buttons and a wheel are capable of modifying the extra buttons .. you're not gonna stop people from using double click even if you remove the file from the en.war2.ru site. might as well make it accessable to everyone.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 11:57:58 AM »
its double click but he doesnt try to deny it. i thought more people probably used it but i just looked at Szwag, startale, and player's twitch and they all use regular single click mouse to double click.. braviet says he doesn't use it and i believe him because he's slow @ lusting when you compare him to someone who does use double click.

i just designated one of the buttons on my mouse to double click and i noticed another huge advantage.. say you want to highlight a group of 9 peons, grunts, dks, ogres, or whatever ... you typically double click on one of them and it highlights the nearest other 8 similar units closest to the one you double clicked on... well if the units you're trying to highlight are moving sometimes it's difficult to accurately double click on one to get the rest highlighted. the double click button makes it a whole lot easier. you only have to accurately click the moving unit one time with the double click button

its a cool little feature to use if you learn to get comfortable with it

but yeah.. pretty much all new mice that come with more than just 2 buttons and a wheel are capable of modifying the extra buttons .. you're not gonna stop people from using double click even if you remove the file from the en.war2.ru site. might as well make it accessable to everyone.
Your right so all they do technically is move mouse to next orge... and trigger macro.

I can stop people from cheating I have a good idea. If iL dosent add something to antihack to catch these then I will release a standalone program. It will record the type in between mouse clicks, keys pressed and log them with the mili seconds recorded. Idk I can do something.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 12:22:32 PM »
well if the units you're trying to highlight are moving sometimes it's difficult to accurately double click on one to get the rest highlighted. the double click button makes it a whole lot easier. you only have to accurately click the moving unit one time with the double click button

it's actually easy/simple to consistently click a moving unit twice
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
Its actually possible to be to fast and it wouldn't register naughty macro users :p and ud have to be in the correct formation ;) ya I heard about the pixel thing before but idk I'm sure sc1 sc2 has tried...still way less a. Than seeing the map goodjob stopping that one 8)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:00:47 PM by easycompany »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure Viruz has a button designated for "Click+O" also ... all he has to do is click on a barracks with that button and an ogre gets auto made.

anyone ever heard of anyone doing that? like archers or bhg games?   

just watching his games it seems pretty obvious to me. you can see it around 6:40 as well as many other places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy1z9oBqVhQ

That looks more like a recording artifact to me. I've noticed something similar in my vids when doing upgrades with hotkeys or placing buildings, just doesn't get captured sometimes for whatever reason. His lusting looks legit in that vid too. Joe on the other hand is clearly using the double click. :D

I agree though that it's bad form to use it in a competitive match if your opponent isn't. Custom players don't seem to care much in my experience, when it comes up they're usually like "Wow, how you lust so fast? [...] Cool, where can I download it?!"
squeak!