Author Topic: The role of an "administrator": what it is and what it should be  (Read 28291 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: The role of an "administrator": what it is and what it should be
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
So does your wife still play smeagol?  I'll swap ya for a couple days baseball card style.  Mint wife in excellent condition for mint wife in excellent condition :)
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
gross

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
The role of an "administrator": what it is and what it should be
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »
So does your wife still play smeagol?  I'll swap ya for a couple days baseball card style.  Mint wife in excellent condition for mint wife in excellent condition :)

Uh you wouldn't be able to handle her lol [emoji28]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile

gross

Same could be said about your optimistic attitude [emoji4]

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
Point proved, Battle.net was alive until 2009! Lol. Yes no CD Key and no disc is one big thing that keeps people playing here I agree. It is proven advertising anything will bring more people to what you are advertising. The server may be self advertising in ways, but obviously not fully or the player base wouldn't be dropping. Trying to reach out to old players or posting advertisements on gaming sites or payed advertisements on public sites can't hurt anything. You can say the game is self advertising and in the past it has done well that way yes, it's also been dropping in users in recent years. I advertise Warcraft 2 in the description of all of my videos, on my PBall Players Group, to people I meet or my friends. The point is advertising can't hurt anything.

I agree for sure, I have posted hundreds to thousands over the years, it is just harder to do these days with forum restrictions as well. Your ip gets tagged as spammer and you can't even register on them, if you spam facebook you get reported, youtube comments no longer lets you spam advertisements either. All methods I would mainly use in the past. If you go through the effort you can get some advertisements posted though but even most of those will be deleted.

I think the best thing anyone wanting to help can do are (hosting tournaments like you are doing) and starting a clan or being a member of a clan and actively recruiting newbies for them.

Unless you do have the capabilities to produce game extras then obviously that would be a plus as well.

More of my thoughts. brb

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »
LMFAO Lance. Nah me and uh girlfriend broke up after 4 years and a kid, about 5 years back. If you wanna do a little 3 some with your wife, as long as her looks are adequate I might be down :P. LMFAO

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile

LMFAO Lance. Nah me and uh girlfriend broke up after 4 years and a kid, about 5 years back. If you wanna do a little 3 some with your wife, as long as her looks are adequate I might be down :P. LMFAO

Your wife was a looker [emoji29]

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »
LOL Ryu, I met her over the phone with some other girls and got to know them before seeing them. She wasn't the best looking to some people maybe, but we connected on a personal level, or at least I thought. Turned out to be the relationship from hell in the end, but hindsight is 20 20.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:15:12 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »

Wouldnt be the first time I've done something crazy like that ;)  To bad about your chick and the kid.  My chick still plays war2 but only if "she gets to win" lol.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »
Hahaha, don't feel bad the relationship ending was probably best for her, my son, and me. I still see my son and keep up in his life, we just aren't together anymore. As for the 3 some if you're ever in Iowa don't forget my contact information! LOL!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2015, 05:17:08 PM »
Shawna is a funny teamspeak companion!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
Shawna is a pretty nice girl, she can definitely be fun. I'm not going to go into personal details, but a relationship with her can also suck. Well at least for me toward the end of the relationship. I guess it would depend, but she can be very demanding and expect shit of you and other shit lol.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:38:39 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »
Funny how this thread went from what Admins can do for the game other than doing commands on the server, to 3 somes and Warcraft 2 girlfriends LOL.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »
Point proved, Battle.net was alive until 2009! Lol. Yes no CD Key and no disc is one big thing that keeps people playing here I agree. It is proven advertising anything will bring more people to what you are advertising. The server may be self advertising in ways, but obviously not fully or the player base wouldn't be dropping. Trying to reach out to old players or posting advertisements on gaming sites or payed advertisements on public sites can't hurt anything. You can say the game is self advertising and in the past it has done well that way yes, it's also been dropping in users in recent years. I advertise Warcraft 2 in the description of all of my videos, on my PBall Players Group, to people I meet or my friends. The point is advertising can't hurt anything.

I agree for sure, I have posted hundreds to thousands over the years, it is just harder to do these days with forum restrictions as well. Your ip gets tagged as spammer and you can't even register on them, if you spam facebook you get reported, youtube comments no longer lets you spam advertisements either. All methods I would mainly use in the past. If you go through the effort you can get some advertisements posted though but even most of those will be deleted.

I think the best thing anyone wanting to help can do are (hosting tournaments like you are doing) and starting a clan or being a member of a clan and actively recruiting newbies for them.

Unless you do have the capabilities to produce game extras then obviously that would be a plus as well.

More of my thoughts. brb

Okay think outside the box if an IP is stopping you. I agree with the comments and spamming part. Make some hot ass chick on Facebook then when you got a million of followers randomly change it to war2 stuff rofl. 

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2015, 07:36:56 PM »
I just don't believe it is worth the time if they are logging on , getting banned from games and leaving. There are tons of new people coming to the server already.. we just have to keep them.

That's why right now it is kind of a good thing a lot of the veterans have left us. It leaves the door open now to rebuild. I can try with what time I have, but I am hoping some others will do this method as well.