Author Topic: The role of an "administrator": what it is and what it should be  (Read 28280 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Re: The role of an "administrator": what it is and what it should be
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2015, 03:00:38 PM »
cuckolding is more about the wife straying and the dude being a bitch.  some guys may like that or some may just be getting cheated on unwillingly.  swapping is more of just a sleazy thing where people get to fuck people other than their partners

Rofl!!!
Damn well I guess if they fuck their wife's right they won't she won't need a 3 sum lol  deep strokes guys, deep strokes....

...what o_o Just came back to check on this thread, did not expect to see that, lol. Do I even need to read the other four pages?

I don't see why appointing a new admin to help advertise the game, host tournaments or help with any people hosting one, and do things on the server that engage the community is such a taboo idea. Il could continue to program, Mouse can continue working on the site and forum, and blid can continue paying and adding insight, the new person(once someone volunteers) could work to better the server by hosting, playing, and advertising.

Who said it's taboo? I maintain that making such a person an "admin" isn't strictly necessary, it seems like a glorified catchall title more than anything, but I'm not opposed to it either if that's the way it has to be. (That's how it's always been done in the past anyway.)

I do think it should be required that any potential candidate actively demonstrate their intention, availability, and commitment up front before any kind of arbitrary title is awarded. Promoting someone based on a community vote and nothing else in no way guarantees that they'll ever do actually anything and not just bug off after a couple weeks. I mean right? Or am I misunderstanding? It's basically like a company telling an employee "Here's a raise, we expect great things from you" instead of "You've been doing great things the past x months, here's a raise"
squeak!

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »
That's why I said find the right person Mouse. Just because you don't want to do any of the things that engage the community, doesn't meant that would be the view of a joining admin. You talk about wanting others to do things in the community, I don't see why there couldn't be a person to actively help with that(the person would be a somewhat active person so they would already be on that game a lot). It's taboo because of your response just now, every time someone comes up with an idea to add an admin its thrown out. The admin would have a set group of things to do, obviously no one can make them do it, but if they signed up to do those things I see no reason why they wouldn't do what they said.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
People that wait for an admin position to do shit get bored of doing that shit after 2 weeks. It's been proven on multiple occasions

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page

People that wait for an admin position to do shit get bored of doing that shit after 2 weeks. It's been proven on multiple occasions

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »
if anyone trustworthy started putting a lot of time and effort into advertising the server, that's the type of person we'd add to the admin team.

Burnt listed a lot of admin names in one of his posts above.  Plenty of people we've given the position to over the years.  We've certainly never closed our doors to people that want to help.  Just look at Mousetopher for evidence of that.   Mousetopher is a relative newcomer but made and hosted a great website for us, and now is one of the leaders here.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »
Just look at Mousetopher for evidence of that.   Mousetopher is a relative newcomer but made and hosted a great website for us, and now is one of the leaders here.

Rofl
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2015, 05:40:50 AM »
Don't remind me. >_>
squeak!

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »
good job on the banner btw. it does the job just fine, i hope it will bring lots of players.

BTW, we have about 10 idiots discussing all kinds of tournaments and ideas, but in the end, im basically the only one from the entire forum that participates in all the tournaments on regular basis? get your shit together, forum.war2.ru

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
Yes the banner is nice, I was glad to see it up. As for you showing up to ALL the tournaments, what are you on about Claw? You showed up to one tournament the GOW one Tora hosted. I've hosted 20 tournaments, 2 of which were advertised on the forums, you didn't show up to either of those 2. I realize my tournaments are early in the morning your time, but showing up to one tournament is not showing up to them all haha.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2015, 02:40:54 PM »
I agree with you though that people who discuss the tournaments on the forum should get in on them. The last GOW you're right I'm pretty sure you were the only forum player there. The PBall tournaments I've hosted have for the most part been all people who regularly PBall, or did years back that I got back into it. I'm hoping with the $100 tournament coming up October 3rd that lots of people will give it a shot and maybe some will like it and come back.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »
Yes the banner is nice, I was glad to see it up. As for you showing up to ALL the tournaments, what are you on about Claw? You showed up to one tournament the GOW one Tora hosted. I've hosted 20 tournaments, 2 of which were advertised on the forums, you didn't show up to either of those 2. I realize my tournaments are early in the morning your time, but showing up to one tournament is not showing up to them all haha.

im talking about gow tournaments hosted at reasonable times, see: toras tourney or equinox's UWC or all the past events. Im not counting your 3-4am pball mini tournaments that arent even advertised

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
cuckolding is more about the wife straying and the dude being a bitch.  some guys may like that or some may just be getting cheated on unwillingly.  swapping is more of just a sleazy thing where people get to fuck people other than their partners

Rofl!!!
Damn well I guess if they fuck their wife's right they won't she won't need a 3 sum lol  deep strokes guys, deep strokes....

...what o_o Just came back to check on this thread, did not expect to see that, lol. Do I even need to read the other four pages?

I don't see why appointing a new admin to help advertise the game, host tournaments or help with any people hosting one, and do things on the server that engage the community is such a taboo idea. Il could continue to program, Mouse can continue working on the site and forum, and blid can continue paying and adding insight, the new person(once someone volunteers) could work to better the server by hosting, playing, and advertising.

Who said it's taboo? I maintain that making such a person an "admin" isn't strictly necessary, it seems like a glorified catchall title more than anything, but I'm not opposed to it either if that's the way it has to be. (That's how it's always been done in the past anyway.)

I do think it should be required that any potential candidate actively demonstrate their intention, availability, and commitment up front before any kind of arbitrary title is awarded. Promoting someone based on a community vote and nothing else in no way guarantees that they'll ever do actually anything and not just bug off after a couple weeks. I mean right? Or am I misunderstanding? It's basically like a company telling an employee "Here's a raise, we expect great things from you" instead of "You've been doing great things the past x months, here's a raise"

Hahaha forgot I typed that lol.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2015, 03:54:04 PM »
Lol Claw you act like it's impossible to join the tournaments because they are at 3 AM. List of European players at the last 2 tournaments: [ td ]Medivh, Murd)ck, Zappa, Delirios, 8)Mikulz(8, and maybe more. Also in what way are they mini tournaments? The UWC were 8 player tournaments pretty sure, Toras last one which I helped with was 11. Also the two tournaments I mentioned WERE advertised and you knew about them well since I talked to you on Facebook and on here about them. Reasonable times is a different thing to different people. I don't know of one tournament hosted in this server's history that was a reasonable time for Australians. A donator to my tournaments and a few regular players in them are Australian, they are on Saturdays most people have the weekend off it's just a matter of staying up unless you work Sunday. Also I'm still wondering what you mean by "mini tournaments" they have all been 8 and the PBall Reunion Tournament 19 showed up if the server didn't crash it would have been a big tournament. If I hadn't started hosting these tournaments in late 2014 ~Tora~ wouldn't be hosting GOW tournaments. ~Tora~ has been my friend for some time, he saw me hosting tournaments then a cash one and wanted to do the same for GOW. It's cool ~Tora~ is expanding it to GOW, but be thankful for my "mini tournaments" lmao.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »
Lol Claw you act like it's impossible to join the tournaments because they are at 3 AM.
sure, but dont force me to even consider playing in a pball tournament that starts at 3am. its unplayable regardless of how long your list of european psychos/addicts losers list is.
4PM saturday is a great consensus for the entire globe, its your choice to refuse to host it at reasonable times and my choice to completely ignore them

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »
4 PM EST is 4 AM WA time how is that a consensus for the whole globe? It's the same time you refuse to join at, you must really need your sleep. I work every morning at 2 AM and 1 AM on Sunday, it's actually not that hard to be up that late especially on weekends. Lol don't play, I'm just saying up until 3 AM or setting an alarm for 3 AM on a weekend will not kill a person, I am up every morning at that time.