Author Topic: 2024 a notable year for RTS?  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
2024 a notable year for RTS?
« on: September 25, 2024, 11:59:28 AM »
Been seeing a steep rise of RTS games in the past few years mostly because of the success of remastering the age series , while sadly the RTS remaster for warcraft  that is wc3 reforged was a disaster which  lets just say shattered any hope of even seeing warcraft 2 remaster.

Now I don't want this to turn into a crying post of warcraft getting treated badly by blizzard I mean come on its cow that has been milked and beaten to death , however back to our topic that is the RTS has been gaining more attention lately thanks to as I said the remaster of the age series , company of heroes 3 and most notably stormgate the spiritual successor of blizzard RTS games.

Stormgate seems to have been in a rocky start seeing people complaining a lot about the game in its early access phase hope was starting to fade but very recently the developers  released a substantial update that enhanced the game graphics and many other improvements.

Also another RTS that is in the waiting is tempest rising the spiritual successor of the command and conquer series I would say this one is very important as you probably know the CNC franchise is the face of the RTS genre.

Overall the 2020s seem to be pretty good for RTS as its gaining back some mainstream attention 2024 specifically is pretty big as I said before stormgate is very anticipated

A question I want to ask maybe think a bit about it  , if stormgate succeeds and so does tempest rising will we see a new golden age of RTS ?

Thanks for reading.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 a notable year for RTS?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2024, 11:10:36 AM »
Although Microsoft has acquired blizzard which sparked hope to see a resurgence of proper care  of RTS seen as Microsoft owns the age of empires series and has recently shown with age of mythology retold that a widely successful RTS is possible , we still haven't seen any major works on blizzard RTS titles as warcraft 3 barely gets attention.

However there is hope somewhere who knows after they are done with the remastering of the age of empires series maybe they could turn their attention to warcraft? Starcraft?  All I can say there is hope for RTS to comeback  people are so fed up with crappy games releases that something old school like warcraft 2 remaster would surely be send thunderous shockwaves of hype across older generations of gamers.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS