Author Topic: Rebalancing warcraft 2: orc edition  (Read 13597 times)

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalancing warcraft 2: orc edition
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2024, 12:17:46 PM »
You know if im gonna include campaign missions in the mod and make some unique units for some maps like royal guards for siege of stromgarde these would be footmen and knights I posted about it before my idea for these "king's guards" is one footman should be able to kill 2-3 grunts alone to make it more difficult in assaulting the city stats wise im not so sure im thinking about footmen with 75 HP 6 base armor and damage of a knight , the mounted royal guard (knight) will  be something along the lines of 120-140 health 8 base armor and attack of 15-20 I think these stats won't allow these units to kill off 2-3 of their counterparts but I really want to make such cool units these will be used in both stromgarde , and the siege of the capital city.

For the last orc mission it would need some overhauls like making the city walled off with much larger base multiple barracks huge array of towers question is  can the editor allow for such thing to happen without reaching the limit of units on the map as I heard that maximum one player can have units through the editor is 75 units per player.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2024, 12:24:27 PM »
depends on how many players there is on map
max units in editor is 600
and its divided per each player
600 / 8 = 75
and even if some players have like 1-2 units map editor still not allows others to have more than 75
but its only when 8 players on map
if you got like 2 players you can place 300 units each

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2024, 12:32:24 PM »
depends on how many players there is on map
max units in editor is 600
and its divided per each player
600 / 8 = 75
and even if some players have like 1-2 units map editor still not allows others to have more than 75
but its only when 8 players on map
if you got like 2 players you can place 300 units each

Ahhh so it shrinks the more there is players well I think fall of stromgarde has like 2 players? And siege of the capital city has 4? Then 150 for each player? Well 150 for nation of lordaeron would be enough to place down many towers and expand the base.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS