Author Topic: [Release] Warcraft 2 Download for mac (macOS War2Combat)  (Read 20055 times)

Offline JcNoob4Eva

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Warcraft 2 Download for mac (macOS War2Combat)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 08:06:05 AM »
It's working! Big up fois!

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2024, 05:49:10 PM »

Offline Novvvus

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2024, 10:38:34 AM »
Installed the latest macOS version of the game. The game doesn't start. Nothing is happening when I launch it.

UPDATE:
It was due to faulty Wineskin configuration (logs showed 'you are not owning file' error). Created my own Wineskin app and now the game works.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 12:31:41 AM by Novvvus »

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2024, 10:37:34 PM »
Installed the latest macOS version of the game. The game doesn't start. Nothing is happening when I launch it.

What version of macOS do you have? You need at least Catalina (10.15) for it to work

Offline Novvvus

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2024, 12:33:00 AM »
macOS 14.6 Sonoma. It wasn't the problem. The problem was wrong Wineskin configuration of the app.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2024, 07:40:32 PM »
Ah, that'S strange. Normally such permissions errors only happen when you copy the .app around. That's why it was wrapped in a  .pkg file to avoid such problems

Offline Benjamine

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2024, 12:49:54 PM »
Created a forum account just to say thank you @fois this macOS release is amazing! I wasn't able to play for many years because I switched to macOS. Now I can play again and it works better than Windows 10 install did 7 or 8 years ago. I love how it minimizes while in chat and fullscreens when in game but I can also do the keyboard shortcut to open Spotlight which unfocuses the mouse cursor then I can change my song on Spotify on the other screen etc.

Offline fois

• Grunt
  • Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2024, 10:26:46 AM »
Created a forum account just to say thank you @fois this macOS release is amazing! I wasn't able to play for many years because I switched to macOS. Now I can play again and it works better than Windows 10 install did 7 or 8 years ago. I love how it minimizes while in chat and fullscreens when in game but I can also do the keyboard shortcut to open Spotlight which unfocuses the mouse cursor then I can change my song on Spotify on the other screen etc.

Nice! Glad to hear it's working well for you! And yes, I tried a bit more modern setup here with borderless mode for easier task switching. On the windows install we couldn't do that, too many would complain about it because they don't like changes :D

BTW, I just updated the first post with some additional info about the macOS download (there are some useful hotkeys)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 10:35:12 AM by fois »