Author Topic: Server down??  (Read 44133 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Server down??
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »
The server dropping issue is bullshit. New host Il? This will mess with my tournaments, the way I hosted them, at the time I did, crashed server during the PBall Reunion tournament. I suggest getting a new host, whatever.
It's not the host. There's something on the server that has been doing stuff at a certain time.  iL may have identified it and fixed it but we'll have to wait and see.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »
So didn't I see a post where lance said iL isn't capable of fixing this? Good job iL!

Considering that I identified the problem WEEKS ago without even having access to the server..... ya,  I'd say he's not really capable of fixing it.  If it takes you weeks to fix something thats already been identified,  then you cant really say you 'fixed' anything.  If you took a vehicle to a repair shop, told them that the battery was dead and then they proceeded to try every test EXCEPT the battery,  would you consider them competent mechanics if they eventually changed the battery 3 weeks later?  I like iL,  but this latest discovery is rather disappointing :/  I thought he was a little better at server administration than he is I guess.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
Under iL circumstances yea he through shit together while working around his life. If cyber criminals left us alone we would not have this issue period. So what the guy didn't catch the issue off the bat. Hes kept the servers up for years I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

There is no reason you can't contribute and share code dude. It shows you just want power..... your smart don't get me wrong.

Remember there is a reason why you "created all that magnificent stuff in one month.." but it wasn't used ever.

Edit:
So what's up with this cron issue bottle necking the server? Ddos protection, back up, etc? Low on ram or garbage cpu??

Very possible since it's a vps and non dedicated hardware. That the main system on the host side is the issue.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:46:03 PM by tupac »

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Server down??
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »
Under iL circumstances yea he through shit together while working around his life. If cyber criminals left us alone we would not have this issue period. So what the guy didn't catch the issue off the bat. Hes kept the servers up for years I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

Please, stop making excuses for everyone. It's his job as server administrator to do all these things...keep the server up and maintained...fight against "cyber criminals". If he is finding it difficult to balance these duties around his life, simple, let someone else do it. The way you make it sound like he is forced to host and maintain the server because no one else is willing to do it. He is just hard headed and doesn't want to hand over the server to another. Sadly, the community will suffer from his inefficiency...

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2015, 01:50:50 PM »

Please, stop making excuses for everyone. It's his job as server administrator to do all these things...keep the server up and maintained...fight against "cyber criminals". If he is finding it difficult to balance these duties around his life, simple, let someone else do it. The way you make it sound like he is forced to host and maintain the server because no one else is willing to do it. He is just hard headed and doesn't want to hand over the server to another. Sadly, the server will suffer from his inefficiency...

Yep, if he hadn't of done it someone else would have.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2015, 01:58:58 PM »
Then go to lances server gtfo.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2015, 01:59:22 PM »
Split=bad

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2015, 02:07:45 PM »
Split=bad

Well if the grass is greener on the other side why not right?

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Server down??
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »

There you go again trying to split up this community...shame on you Tupac [emoji32]. This is the real Tupac I know [emoji3], not that ass kissing fool that we have seen recently...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:14:01 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2015, 02:56:12 PM »
I think there is a difference between having to figure something out and actually being told what the problem is.  If you're told what the problem is,  it shouldnt take but maybe 1-2 minutes to fix (which was the case here).  See, in a previous thread I had flat out told iL that it was very likely a cron job causing the problem.  Do you know what his response to that was?  He specifically said he had eliminated that as a possible cause.  So I took his word for it and then the next obvious cause was the host itself.  But now,  weeks later,  we're finding out that it was indeed my very first suggestion of a cronjob being the issue.  How do you fix that?  Here,  I'll show you.

Below is the bad cronjob
0 21 * * * Do Something here

And here is the fix.
#0 21 * * * Do something here

Now tell me in what world would that fix take days, weeks, hours,  hell even minutes?  Now maybe you'll see where my disappointment comes from.  Because it really is THAT simple to stop a cronjob from starting.  Simply comment it out.  Done.  Then in spare time, try to figure out WHY cronjob was misbehaving.  Changing the time it runs is not the answer.  Completely disabling it IS the answer.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:58:14 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
I think iL just doesnt have the time anymore. Even simple things take days and weeks to complete.

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »
Changing the time zone to a less busy time will be an improvement, but there will probably still be people on playing who get interrupted.
He said it's a temporary solution and will fix it when he has time durrr learn to read.

Lol you know I saw that other post you made and deleted.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
Changing the time zone to a less busy time will be an improvement, but there will probably still be people on playing who get interrupted.
He said it's a temporary solution and will fix it when he has time durrr learn to read.

Lol you know I saw that other post you made and deleted.
Good 4 u

Kali IGL Stats

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2015, 03:36:08 PM »

There you go again trying to split up this community...shame on you Tupac [emoji32]. This is the real Tupac I know [emoji3], not that ass kissing fool that we have seen recently...

If I wanted to split the community I would of released my server with anti hack. But I choose to put it with ru's because  that's where the community was.

An for ass kissing not much here. If that how you feel then that's you. You have an opinion so enjoy it.

I will always stand bye the communities decision but I won't let a hard man work be trashed, because someone didn't get an icon.

I do agree you should have one though. See that's my opinion. Here is another one

You all want lance to run the server go ahead. You think he can prevent cyber criminals?? ROFL NO ONE CAN.

Think you safer with lance???? Just remember when crystaldawn got defaced with that war2 nazi shit rofl.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
The community has spoken and wants lance to run the server. Have you seen the poll? It's almost unanimous.

Kali IGL Stats