Author Topic: Nation specific bonuses  (Read 3276 times)

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
Nation specific bonuses
« on: September 04, 2024, 09:07:55 AM »
Hello people , today I will propose a list of human nation bonuses that fit each nation and help give them more unique flavor a reminder these are simply imaginary bonuses and will not be implemented in anyway or shape or form in warcraft 2 HOWEVER I may make a warcraft 3 custom map using this post and the orcish clans one warcraft 3 already has custom second war era assets that could be used to create accurate depictions of warcraft 2 factions won't ramble too long about this so lets get started:

Nation of azeroth
-destroying enemy buildings grants 25% of the building cost as resources
-town halls cost 25% less gold
-archers/rangers +15% faster attack speed
-paladins +1 speed

Nation of kultiras
-ships cost 10% less resources
-peasants +5 health
-foundry upgrades 15% cheaper
-battleships +1 speed

Nation of  stromgarde
-all human melee units +1 attack (peasant/footman/knight)
-ballista +10 attack
-paladins attack 10% faster
-footman +2 LOS

Nation of dalaran
-buildings +20 HP
-mages cost 25% less resources
-Mages +2 speed
-paladins double regeneration speed

Nation of alterac
-peasants cost 25% less resources
-peasants carry capacity +5
-keep/castle upgrades cost 10% less resources
-upgrading to castle doesn't require stables

Nation of gilneas
-rangers upgrade and its subsequent upgrades 50% cheaper
-oil tankers +10 carry capacity
-paladin is automatically researched once castle upgrade is finished
-towers effected by archer upgrades

Nation of lordaeron
-footman starts with 4 base armor
-paladins +3 armor per armor upgrade
-all military units are effected by armor upgrades
-gryphon riders +2 speed

The bonuses for the humans don't include a lot of health bonuses as I like to reserve such buffs to the orcs the human bonuses are much more varied and interesting the displaced people of stromwind (azeroth) at the time were something akin to refugees so I think them scavenging enemy structures is fitting for them along with a decentralized command meaning its easier to build town halls , alterac is full on economical nation it is a wealthy yet weak nation  their weak military however is aided by superior economy allowing alterac to unlock powerful units early on to supplement their lack of any military bonus that helps their army early on , the nation of lordaeron is the teutons from age of empires 2 dressed in warcraft fashion LOL heavy focus on armor and durability through armor.

I would like to bring this to life using the warcraft 3 map editor or maybe even the warcraft 2 map editor if it proves capable of doing some of the things I mentioned above time will tell.

Thanks for reading and stay hydrated.
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Nation specific bonuses
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2024, 09:37:19 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot to type it in the post but there is also a list of general changes that will apply universally they are:
1-bloodlust effect 1.5 instead of 2
2-healing costs 3 mana per 1 health
3-farms give 5 food
4-mages +1 range , while these whiny dudes never engage in combat the chad death knights always be attacking something preying on nearby farms its clear that blizzard saw the death knights as gigachads and mages as virgin redditors the portrait for the mage itself has him doing the same face as the soyjak meme
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2024, 01:36:19 PM »
nation bonus can be good only in campaign,  people want play orginal multiplayer balance
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2024, 07:00:28 PM »
nation bonus can be good only in campaign,  people want play orginal multiplayer balance

No mate , this will be a custom map not a campaign thing that will take ages to implement

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2024, 01:02:56 PM »
talk with @Mistral maybe he can help you
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2024, 01:47:00 PM »
talk with @Mistral maybe he can help you

I appreciate your attempt for help.

Its not an emergent matter so its fine if I feel the need for help I would tag the qualified people myself.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2024, 01:50:24 PM »
Also I won't really consider turning this into a custom map until I actually make the rebalancing mod which on its own might take quite sometime setting up the required material for work learning the ins and outs of war2 basic modding and testing all the changes one by one yeah that will take a good amount of time but I plan to make a post more of a blog about the development process of that mod which I will share everything step by step be kinda fun to archive your work

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2024, 02:02:48 PM »
you can check out source codes of my mods
https://github.com/Mistral-war2ru

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2024, 02:12:49 PM »
you can check out source codes of my mods
https://github.com/Mistral-war2ru
Sure thing man I will look into it

Thanks for the help mate.