Author Topic: Rebalancing warcraft 2: human edition  (Read 9039 times)

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalancing warcraft 2: human edition
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2024, 09:36:21 AM »
Also the beyond ze dark portal orc campaign is lacking in terms of heroes in missions I don't think anybody will say no to having grom hellscream in a couple more missions aside from gorefiend the orc heroes only show up in 1 or 2 missions , kargath could appear in the missions against kultiras  , dentarg in the alterac mage mission , and gorefiend for the blackrock spire rescuing dragons mission

Also orc heroes suffer from lack of healing so having all heroes orc and human alike get regeneration is good idea , age of empires 2 had a similar issue with heroes until the expansion pack came around (the conquerors) giving  heroes health regen made it much better experience allowing you to use heroes more freely without fear of losing them

Grom and kargath are the same so how about granting kargath some +10 health and 1 more attack while grom gets +2 attack  , human heroes are very different from each other and their appearance again and again throughout the campaign made it a much better campaign than the orc one in my opinion the assault on shadowmoon fortress lacked heroes but its mentioned that khadgar and tyrlaoyon (I messed his name up I know) have searched the ruins of the fort so having both replacing a knight and the starting mage will suffice  a lot of little changes could be made or additions to the campaigns that would make them a bit more interesting.

ALSO some more color variety would be cool playing as the warsong or shattered hand or even the bleeding hollow , and the bleeding hollow could get a bit harder they are supposed to be this legendary orcs in game they don't upgrade much I would say they gotta be on the same par as the warsong in terms of unit quality (the warsong gets lvl 4 units most of the time) however their attacks would rely more on grunts/trolls while the warsong would be more  ogre/catapult oriented.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 09:41:56 AM by Pandaprewmaster325 »
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2024, 07:02:09 PM »
Been thinking about holy vision compared to eye of kilrog it doesn't do that good its not because cost or area it reveals its cuz it just reveals the map for 3 seconds now on lower speeds its fine but on higher speeds yeah no lol I played on you can say faster speed not the fastest but the 2nd fastest if that makes sense it simply proven to be too short of a time to even glimpse at the enemy forces I believe 6 seconds or 9 seconds instead of 3 would make it a lot better just making sense out of the enemy formations would be enough 6-9 seconds is enough time for recognizing everything on the sceen.

Someone in this vast universe may be thinking exorcism needs a mana cost reduction I would say yeah but think about it if paladins gonna be able to get mana twice the speed of ogre magi they can quickly fill up their mana pools and blast the living horrors with blinding holy light they can do it more reliably too , so I think reducing it to 3 mana per 1 hp combined with the planned buff for the paladin like yeah no too OP I believe
« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 07:18:03 PM by Pandaprewmaster325 »
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2024, 09:33:47 PM »
(...)but also campaign honestly the  tides of darkness campaigns could use some more fleshing out like make the town of hillsbrad look like an actual town same goes for stromgarde , stratholme , and the capital city
(...)

Some campaign or even custom maps could look like actual towns, such as some missions i remember in warcraft 3, but the problem is that there're not enough sprites for such an environment. You just got lumber mills, farms, townhalls and that's it.

Yet, hopefully i can change this out with several new sprites into one of the next mods I'm making.
I can apply new building sprites now.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2024, 09:39:28 PM »
Also the beyond ze dark portal orc campaign is lacking in terms of heroes in missions I don't think anybody will say no to having grom hellscream in a couple more missions aside from gorefiend the orc heroes only show up in 1 or 2 missions , kargath could appear in the missions against kultiras  , dentarg in the alterac mage mission , and gorefiend for the blackrock spire rescuing dragons mission

Also orc heroes suffer from lack of healing so having all heroes orc and human alike get regeneration is good idea , age of empires 2 had a similar issue with heroes until the expansion pack came around (the conquerors) giving  heroes health regen made it much better experience allowing you to use heroes more freely without fear of losing them

Grom and kargath are the same so how about granting kargath some +10 health and 1 more attack while grom gets +2 attack  , human heroes are very different from each other and their appearance again and again throughout the campaign made it a much better campaign than the orc one in my opinion the assault on shadowmoon fortress lacked heroes but its mentioned that khadgar and tyrlaoyon (I messed his name up I know) have searched the ruins of the fort so having both replacing a knight and the starting mage will suffice  a lot of little changes could be made or additions to the campaigns that would make them a bit more interesting.

ALSO some more color variety would be cool playing as the warsong or shattered hand or even the bleeding hollow , and the bleeding hollow could get a bit harder they are supposed to be this legendary orcs in game they don't upgrade much I would say they gotta be on the same par as the warsong in terms of unit quality (the warsong gets lvl 4 units most of the time) however their attacks would rely more on grunts/trolls while the warsong would be more  ogre/catapult oriented.

So you referred to: "playing as the warsong or shattered hand or even the bleeding hollow ," which would mean to play other orc factions through the campaign... Like Warcraft 3 with the orcs.

I may be able to do something like this in a future mod. And yes, I've it planned to play other orc factions and also Bleeding Hollow Clan. Thanks for mentioning it.

" I would say yeah but think about it if paladins gonna be able to get mana twice the speed of ogre magi they can quickly fill up their mana pools and blast the living horrors with blinding holy light they can do it more reliably too "

Maybe @Mistral knows if paladin healing could be used as Holy light in Warcraft 3, where this spell damages the enemy instead of healing it.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2024, 08:09:49 AM »
Yeah I simply got tired of playing black colored orcs for 12 missions straight I also  thought about tides of darkness campaigns with other orcs instead of only blackrocks and blacktooth grin , playing as all orc clans and alliance nations is a nice change of color and pace for example you could play as kul tiras in the battle of crestfall or gilneas in the assault on grim batol just a lot of cool possibilities.

Yeah well holy light in wc3 is both healing and exorcism in one spell but in wc2 they are separate while the paladin uses the light for his spells at least thats what I remember from lore (I can barely recite anything from Warcraft lore XD) if healing can damage undead I think that will hurt exorcism cuz if I can do both with a spell costing 1000 gold why would I even bother with exorcism that costs 2000 gold?

Im quite glad you working on more mods so keep up the work man.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2024, 10:37:41 AM »
thank you buddy, i appreciate it.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Today at 08:51:20 AM »
Another thoughtful post today so I thought about some model editing what if we gonna give each hero a unique model ? Well here is what I came up with why am posting this here you ask? Cuz if it proves possible to edit models I would include that in the upcoming mod I will make inshallah 

So for the orc heroes:
dentarg model would be an ogre with some blue runes across his body to make him resemble more of his portrait

grom hellscream would lack a 2nd shoulder pad to make him look like his up to date appearance now if I remember right he has a shoulder pad on his left shoulder in wc3

Kargath would be hmmm lets see now I have seen edited models but replacing one of this guy hands with his axe? Well that will be interesting to see

Teron gorefiend ...Well if you look closely he is the only hero in the game with unique appearance his hood covering his face looks different to a normal death knight  its slightly smaller

Deathwing for this guy I think the most optimal thing would be just recoloring the whole of the dragon model to black

Human heroes:

Alleria would have a hood and a slightly visible blue rune covering a part of her face

Danath well I think just replacing the footman head with a head that looks like danath would do it may look awkward tho

Tyralyuon or whatever his name is I think there is 2 ways to go with this one either a normal knight with glowing eyes or replace the head with that of a one resembling tyralyuon I can't get his name right and don't even try to correct me on this

Khadgar is simple just slightly grey beard or the entirety of his beard is grey

Kurdian and skyree well the dwarf kurdian would have some blue runes on his cheeks maybe some blue runes across the gryphon skyree too that would do

And as a reminder to whoever is reading this I still haven't thought about a new bonus for the human transport ships.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:38:15 AM »
you mean edit sprites? yes its very easy you can change GRP files with progs you can find on en.war2.ru/downloads/
and you can use code from my plugins on my github to load files from folder and change them in game on fly

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:20:17 PM »
Another thoughtful post today so I thought about some model editing what if we gonna give each hero a unique model ? Well here is what I came up with why am posting this here you ask? Cuz if it proves possible to edit models I would include that in the upcoming mod I will make inshallah 

So for the orc heroes:
dentarg model would be an ogre with some blue runes across his body to make him resemble more of his portrait

grom hellscream would lack a 2nd shoulder pad to make him look like his up to date appearance now if I remember right he has a shoulder pad on his left shoulder in wc3

Kargath would be hmmm lets see now I have seen edited models but replacing one of this guy hands with his axe? Well that will be interesting to see

Teron gorefiend ...Well if you look closely he is the only hero in the game with unique appearance his hood covering his face looks different to a normal death knight  its slightly smaller

Deathwing for this guy I think the most optimal thing would be just recoloring the whole of the dragon model to black

Human heroes:

Alleria would have a hood and a slightly visible blue rune covering a part of her face

Danath well I think just replacing the footman head with a head that looks like danath would do it may look awkward tho

Tyralyuon or whatever his name is I think there is 2 ways to go with this one either a normal knight with glowing eyes or replace the head with that of a one resembling tyralyuon I can't get his name right and don't even try to correct me on this

Khadgar is simple just slightly grey beard or the entirety of his beard is grey

Kurdian and skyree well the dwarf kurdian would have some blue runes on his cheeks maybe some blue runes across the gryphon skyree too that would do

And as a reminder to whoever is reading this I still haven't thought about a new bonus for the human transport ships.

Most of these requests or ideas are already covered up within my mods.

You can check out either of the mods:
my Universal patch v11 (multiplayer) https://gamebanana.com/mods/507336 or
Universal patch v12 (single player) https://gamebanana.com/mods/514538

Danath has a unique fan-made sprite where he has uncovered bald head and you can even see his eyes... probably need 640x480 resolution or taking a screenshot to see better his eyes

Alleria has Ranger hood that also Ranger unit has in-game

Turalyon has yellow eyes and light-blue hammer sprite, made by Incos - community member. Same for Uther I think

Lothar has unique fan-made sprite with white head hair and beard

Deathwing has unique fan-made sprite with a 2x size dragon and black skin color. It looks very big.

Dentarg does not have an unique sprite, even though Incos - community member did a blue skin colored ogre sprite. But in these mods I set this sprite to be used for some Ogres & Ogre-magi.

Kurdran & khadgar don't have actual sprites that i could change nor find.

I have a zuljin green head hair sprite but didn't apply it. I had the same feeling for Lothar since this character have so little usage in just one campaign map and very little used for custom maps.

I have a custom Grunt sprite in the mods where the unit only has one eye and bald green head. But i did not use it for Grom or Kargath. Yet, I also use another fan-made sprite that looks like a Commander Grunt for some randomized grunts but not for these heroes.

I think that's it. But you can check them all by looking into these mods.