Author Topic: Balance  (Read 22164 times)

Offline Pandaprewmaster325

• Grunt
  • Warcraft forgot its roots.
    • View Profile
Re: Balance
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2024, 06:01:58 PM »
I don't see the point then.
You can play with costs to make a faction release less amount of powerful units. But you've seen how outnumbering the enemy matters.

Hmm what exactly you don't see the change of building costs or the rebalancing with building cost change considered? Now it will create a lot of interesting strats if u make a certain building have cheaper cost to allow a certain faction the acess of a vital unit a bit earlier for example reducing the wood cost fpr orc barracks by 150 wood and buildtime by 5-10 seconds  will allow orcs to go for strategies like double barracks grunt spam or something of that sort a personally I think orcs  should have andistinct aggressive playstyle while humans more defensive and methodical in their approach 
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline pianolarva

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2024, 06:47:13 PM »
@dannyldd I tested my mode just to see if it worked... computer beat me. Twice. Just balancing makes it much stronger. Did that happen to you?
Does your new AI use all the spells? Or avoids towers a bit more?

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2024, 06:57:52 PM »
@dannyldd I tested my mode just to see if it worked... computer beat me. Twice. Just balancing makes it much stronger. Did that happen to you?
Does your new AI use all the spells? Or avoids towers a bit more?

i'm not sure about what you asked.

What mod did you play ? Re-balanced mode in multiplayer - lobby ?

Offline pianolarva

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2024, 07:25:36 PM »
I played my wall mode but against the computer.
You've worked on AI on your mods. Have you managed to make it half smart?

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2024, 07:33:22 PM »
I played my wall mode but against the computer.
You've worked on AI on your mods. Have you managed to make it half smart?

What is your "Wall mode" ?

What do you mean about "half smarter" ?

If you mean about doing better than base game, the new modding features allow computers now to do this stuff:

https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=6127.msg102091#msg102091

They can even destroy walls now, even on single player. And player can build walls in single as well.

Offline pianolarva

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2024, 07:36:52 PM »
@Pandaprewmaster325 I'll play it if you manage to do it.

Offline pianolarva

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2024, 07:52:33 PM »
https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=7143.0
Like does it still do stuff like sending lonely ballistas, or long mine journeys?
I'm reading, those are quite good changes.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2024, 08:06:26 PM »
https://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=7143.0
Like does it still do stuff like sending lonely ballistas, or long mine journeys?
I'm reading, those are quite good changes.

What do you mean about Long mine journeys ?

1) Now i can set in mods to make computer to keep gaining gold from their main gold mine forever, pretty much.

2) The changes you see in that post I sent you are from AI_FIX_PLUGIN. Those are features that legit change base game AI behavior. Making them effective in several ways that Blizzard never addressed.

3) You Wall mode most likely seem to just be tweaking unit/building stats, right ? In my mods, its not only about tweaking statistics from A,B,C unit but to actually change behavior from units, like bringing faster attack speed to skeletons/archers/trolls/gryphons/dragons... Including AI_fix_plugin which allows stuff that NEVER WAS SEEN in base game, like computers using Runes - raise of the dead - invisibility - goblin sappers/demo squads and way more...

4) The idea about re-balancing the game is also being capable to tweak hidden stuff like mana costs, attack speeds, upgrades and modifying them or adding new ones... Just to give an idea.

I will take a look some other time to check your Wall mode.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2024, 08:16:58 PM »
@Pandaprewmaster325 I'll play it if you manage to do it.
You mean my rebalance mod? Oh yeah sure I have it in the back of my mind just need to get somethings done may take 4-5 months to get working on the mod as I said in my rebalance thread there is no basis for the mod as data just these words on this funny little site but yes im intending to turn this into a real thing and many stuff will be finalized by actual proper testing as I currently only can play the dark saga port on my ps1 emulator on phone (its damn awful) so stay tuned for it in 2025
Today warcraft is not the warcraft it used to be , lets stick to what made warcraft warcraft! ORCS AND HUMANS

Offline pianolarva

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2024, 08:39:51 PM »
Yes. You may find testers here, who knows. Ha, sorry.

----

Those peons that go a long distance to find gold after the first mine has been depleted, but never return home.
Good. If all those glaring problems are out, I'm interested.

Yes, I just tweaked numbers. I know.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2024, 08:58:48 PM »

----

Those peons that go a long distance to find gold after the first mine has been depleted, but never return home.

In case you want to see these AI improvements, you can check some of my mods that already have ai_fix_plugin functional... alongside other re-balance stuff:

all my mods: https://gamebanana.com/members/submissions/mods/1738346
recent mod, trolls revolution. Normal & hard difficulties. It has ai fix plugin and re-balance for heal nor archers: https://gamebanana.com/mods/530395

Road of heroes. One of my first mods with AI enhancements, aside of difficulty:
https://gamebanana.com/mods/433454 -> 3 difficulties. Hard, normal and friendly for now. You can see computers now playing with their full catalog of spells. Including invisibility, raise of the dead, runes, sappers, many more stuff:

Legacy of Dalaran, another mod with new plot and ai fix plugin as well:
https://gamebanana.com/mods/410857

Offline pianolarva

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2024, 09:27:27 PM »
Not a fan of the visuals, but I may try it, as long as it's balanced too.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2024, 05:16:55 AM »

----

If ww3 doesn't start in the few coming months and we don't end up in a nuclear apocalypse well I will be glad to have ya as a play tester

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2024, 06:13:28 PM »
Ok so I think I figured why skeletons are horribly bad  so here is my theory:

When blizzard were figuring out the balance of the game they realized that death knights could give unholy armor now you could say "but they are simply too low dmg so they will be ignored" but here is the thing once u cast bloodlust on skeletons they ramp up that damage now you might ask but who is that smart enough to waste mana and a lot of it on such crappy strategy? I think its blizzard in 95 think about it bloodlust would make the enemy focus down the skeletons but since they have unholy armor its not going to work its quite a costly strategy in terms of resources and micro but since it is also believed that blizzard intended the game to be played on normal speed so they thought it would be fine I may be wrong maybe its just blizzard seen that skeletons getting armor and attack upgrades benefits in wc1 was way too strong for skeletons in wc2 this proposes a new idea of buffing skeletons giving them armor and attack upgrades.

(I may be late to the party but late better than never)