Author Topic: I challenge Blid for his admin tag.  (Read 19718 times)

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: I challenge Blid for his admin tag.
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2016, 11:43:13 AM »
blid have we ever been in a gow together?? I've always wondered...

I wonder if you and I ever ally each other. Is it that fun beating me and putting it on youtube/twitch?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
You're a dirty liar I know for a fact u have played recently

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »
Don't let blid fool you.. he pretty much always smurfs when he pkays, but he almost never plays. I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he has played less than 40 days in 2016..

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he has played less than 40 days in 2016..
how much lol

Offline BenJamin

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2016, 04:00:04 PM »
Can an impartial party explain all the bad blood between blid and tk. Blid seems like a funny dude on the forums. Tk is an absolute pleasure to pard in team games (gives practical advice) and is always classy when he loses. I also found his training videos to be most helpful.

It seems we all want the same thing (for war2 to grow).

PS don't quit TK your one of the few players that are newb friendly.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2016, 04:03:03 PM »
hey impartial party here.  tk hates me because im a server admin and he doesnt find our/my efforts to grow the server sufficient

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2016, 04:59:59 PM »
Look thru tk's forum posts that should give you an idea.
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
i dont hate you blid .. i just think you're in a "position of power(admin)" and doing nearly nothing productive with it. you just enjoy being the "position of power" and know that it will never be removed regardless of how much or little you do. iL's expectations of you are low, and you meet those expectations. its extremely disappointing for me to watch personally. but as i've said, it's not just you im disappointed in. iL allows it all to happen. it's just that iL rarely shows his face so i have little opportunity to tell him he's destroying this community by showing basically zero initiative/leadership skills.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2016, 05:11:11 PM »
the shitty thing as that blid is basically iL's right hand man .. so none of the other admins (tora, dugs, foonat, mousey, ...) can really do anything drastic without going through blid. so the new admins with lots of ambition/ideas realize they can only do so much.

But ... i've said it before and i'll say it again.. if blid/iL want to jumpstart some life back into this server .. treat the admin as staff members with duties.

duties include:

advertise at least 10 different places a month (youtube channels, gaming forums, facebook...)
be logged on as admin at least 20 hours a month (blid doesn't even do 1 hour a month)  so users can identify them and ask for assistance if needed
play a minimum of 50 games a month  (encourages admins to engage in community)
stream a minimum of 20 games a month (also advertisement for the server)

pretty basic shit that admins should already be doing imo... if they don't meet expectations, demote them ... if they go above and beyond expectations, give them other perks .. like access to database or forum admin etc.. maybe some sort of recognition ...

if there are no incentives to do more, or consequences for doing nothing ... we're left with an unmotivated do-nothing admin staff.. and that hurts the community.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:36:15 PM by tk[as] »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2016, 05:41:15 PM »
why do you think we're desperate for money

maybe if you read through/understood this thread you would realize that the hosting issue CAN be fixed, but it sounds like it's going to take a programmer to write the script ... which is going to cost $$$

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2664.15.html

so yes.. if you realize how big of a problem hosting still is on this server, realize it's going to cost $$$ to fix it, and give a shit about the server.. you should be desperate for $$$

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2016, 06:05:11 PM »
i dont hate you blid .. i just think you're in a "position of power(admin)" and doing nearly nothing productive with it. you just enjoy being the "position of power" and know that it will never be removed regardless of how much or little you do. iL's expectations of you are low, and you meet those expectations. its extremely disappointing for me to watch personally. but as i've said, it's not just you im disappointed in. iL allows it all to happen. it's just that iL rarely shows his face so i have little opportunity to tell him he's destroying this community by showing basically zero initiative/leadership skills.
this is goofy because first off i dont stop anything from happening but secondly theres nothing that says we cant have more admins, it's not like im taking up a spot that could be used by someone else or something ???

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »

Admins can feel free to outz any and all smurfs/ips that have been on recently and are the same as mine. I'm like two days short of being two months clean and you can't stand it =)

get a life sucka

Edit: Maut is and has been Yamons name for a while. Did he own you on that name too?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:31:45 PM by Swift »
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline The Legend of StarTale

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 07:35:21 PM »
Blid does an amazing job at being an admin though. I don't get why the retards of the community don't understand that having an admin that allows free speech alone is worth having him there. This thread wouldn't even still exist if anyone else was an admin. The same reason is why Axo was such a good admin and his forums lasted so long. Him being neutral with his position of power is what the server needs. Could you imagine some rampant raging retards like Equinox, Lance, Space, Sepi, Van, or any other mongoloid as head admin? This thread wouldn't exist, half the player base would be banned because of favoritism, your favorite smurf name would be outed because you beat an admin, and war2 as a whole would be much worse off. What exactly do you want from Blid? He pays for the server out of his own pocket, he allows everyone here to shit talk him, and he's not sitting here abusing his power. It's not necessarily an admin's responsibility to advertise, bring new players in, train new players, or whatever the fuck you want him to do he's not doing. Anyone who's passionate about that can do that without any admin at all. I know any chance I get I promote the game and I am not alone. Just recently I got hosted from a popular SC2 streamer I used to play with for just under 1k viewers. Look at Ritalin on the facebook page! He's passionate and doesn't require admin or channel moderator in order to figure out which smurf is which. War2 has run it's course. You need to either step up yourself, or just stfu and get off blid's nuts about his admin. Blid does his job, and does it well. We have anti-hack, a ladder HE coded, we have color fixes, we have builtin war lat, we have replay viewers, and we have a great website to help new people get started on the game. He doesn't let anything get personal and prevents things from going to far over the line and protects user's privacy. That's all we need from a head admin, imo.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2016, 09:31:13 PM »

Admins can feel free to outz any and all smurfs/ips that have been on recently and are the same as mine. I'm like two days short of being two months clean and you can't stand it =)

get a life sucka

Edit: Maut is and has been Yamons name for a while. Did he own you on that name too?

no it hasnt and no he didnt

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 09:32:16 PM »
and if it has been his name, then your name was venkuri .. and venkuri played on nov 22.