Author Topic: SS request when your AH is on  (Read 21571 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: SS request when your AH is on
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »
thats why viruz will always be #1 and not you - hes a mathematician and he knows about optimization, while youre a 17-power peon cookbooker from 11. i wasnt asking for a cookbook, but for the optimal paths in a nutshell to, from what i remember, a 9/11 dual with outside grunts and the build i mentioned

you fail to notice little things like these, because youre not smart. you fail to understand my logic because you learned by repetition - 10 hours a day. i prefer to earn my knowledge by asking and spare some time, as i almost never play gow. still, i know im right, you think youre right and theres nothing youll do or say to change my mind. for realz. i think thats another concept you big-ego people cant grasp :(

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »
Nobody is better between swift and viruz, they both did nothing with anti-hack, they actually have no rank.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2015, 05:13:23 PM »
thats why viruz will always be #1 and not you - hes a mathematician and he knows about optimization, while youre a 17-power peon cookbooker from 11. i wasnt asking for a cookbook, but for the optimal paths in a nutshell to, from what i remember, a 9/11 dual with outside grunts and the build i mentioned

you fail to notice little things like these, because youre not smart. you fail to understand my logic because you learned by repetition - 10 hours a day. i prefer to earn my knowledge by asking and spare some time, as i almost never play gow. still, i know im right, you think youre right and theres nothing youll do or say to change my mind. for realz. i think thats another concept you big-ego people cant grasp :(

1. You said Viruz is better than me.
So here, go ahead and pick from any of all the facts that discredit such:
1. Games between swift vs
ViRuZ: Current 1v1 Record: 62 - 40
2. Swift 1vs1 ladder record: 1029 - 202 / Viruz 1vs1 ladder record 753 - 408
3. Go look up on ladder and compare 1vs1 ladder records of Swift and Viruz vs these top players and more: Wargasm, Poscow, Shotgun, Braviet, Jesk, Mage, Alf, Arch, khb, scrubbo, etc etc. Literally look up every single one of them, I absolutely obliterate everyone (most with 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 etc ratios), while viruz manages to have losing recs vs some and close to 50/50 with others.

At the end of the day, I have a lot of respect for Viruz. But as far as who was more dominant, it's literally no question that I was far more dominant than him by an unbelievably large undeniable margin. People can talk all they want, it's an undeniable fact though that I was considerately more dominant than him. Number 3 speaks for itself, anyone can do their research.

2. You said I am a cookbooker, and effectively implied that Viruz isn't. All of the very best cook book. However, you're an idiot again because Viruz is by far the worst cookbooker of all the great players, by far. He practically invented half the common cookbooks used by average players today. The build at 11? The build at 5? The build at 4? Those were all viruz's cookbooks, cuz it's all he ever did

So far you're factually 0-2 in this post, and 0-3 in the thread.

3. You wanted a counter strategy and I gave you a couple different options, but you said that you wanted a specific one, the best one. You argued that there is an absolute best and most efficient strategy in every situation. I told you something like "it's not really what strategy you do, it's how you do it" and instead of letting me educate you, you laughed it off and implied that there is one strategy in every situation that is universally the best. So yeah, now you're 0-4.

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 05:24:55 PM »
3. You wanted a counter strategy and I gave you a couple different options, but you said that you wanted a specific one, the best one.
You went all agnostic there, saying theres no such thing as the optimal strategy and you could make *anything* work. Which is why i ridiculed you in the first place. putting a "=" mark between all of the strats, geez. Youre truly an idiot if you think the reason of my question was to hear a generic, stupid "you can dual, you can counter dual, you can rush, its about outplaying the enemy" response. Magic 8-ball would do a better job

it's literally no question that I was far more dominant than him
oh come on, we both know viruz has won every single important tournament vs you, eveyrone just knew he was going to win the festival. Facts. No legacy for little swift

keep counting the score, it's starting to look like you vs viruz record in important tournaments!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »
shotgun dodged too much to tell.  youre 7-5 vs him and viruz is 16-15.

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »
You went all agnostic there, saying theres no such thing as the optimal strategy and you could make *anything* work. Which is why i ridiculed you in the first place. putting a "=" mark between all of the strats, geez. Youre truly an idiot if you think the reason of my question was to hear a generic, stupid "you can dual, you can counter dual, you can rush, its about outplaying the enemy" response. Magic 8-ball would do a better job

Yes, I did. Because every single bad player like you think there's some magical strategy. Here's something you do understand, every strategy's effectiveness relies more upon the strengths and weaknesses of the person you're applying it to, and less on the strategy itself. Here's something you don't really quite know, though you might pretend to understand:

There is no top strategy in any one situation, there is only temporarily dominant strategies”(hereinafter “New Strategy”).  In this game and others like it the players as individuals, and a community as a whole, prescribing to set limitations within the game that don't necessarily exist, and then other players come up with New Strategies that exploit these unfounded rules that others go by. Every New Strategy that consistently wins for a while operates on the assumption that a player is going to adhere to the current rules and limitations you believe them to perceive.

However, eventually someone comes up with a New Strategy that exploits the perceived limitations expressed in the execution of the player(s) using the older New Strategy, or; the perceived limitations held by the community as a whole begin to fade away or change, and so does the effectiveness of the New Strategy that once exploited such. You see it in every aspect of the game throughout the history of war2.

oh come on, we both know viruz has won every single important tournament vs you, eveyrone just knew he was going to win the festival. Facts. No legacy for little swift

keep counting the score, it's starting to look like you vs viruz record in important tournaments!

I've won plenty of tournaments vs him, in fact I won vs him that very same day. So yeah, you're dead wrong again. 0-5. Either way though, nothing after 2009 really matters, It's like watching Ali vs Tyson in their 70's.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2015, 05:40:08 PM »
Imagine they both hack, Viruz is clearly better then swift.

They probably both hack too, where the fuck they are both since antihack out, let me laugh.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
every strategy's effectiveness relies more upon the strengths and weaknesses of the person you're applying it to
and i told you we're facing Sepi with his cookbooked build i described you, a SPECIFIC player with strenghts and weaknesses. Still, you never provided me with an answer, but 8-ball crap. Point stands

So many words to describe "metagame". Here, add it to your vocabulary, you'll thank me later

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2015, 05:50:19 PM »
every strategy's effectiveness relies more upon the strengths and weaknesses of the person you're applying it to
and i told you we're facing Sepi with his cookbooked build i described you, a SPECIFIC player with strenghts and weaknesses. Still, you never provided me with an answer, but 8-ball crap. Point stands

So many words to describe "metagame". Here, add it to your vocabulary, you'll thank me later

It's something you clearly don't really understand still to this day, so I felt like explaining it to you.

Also, you were having problems with Sepi, but you wanted a strategy to deal with the situation as a whole, not just Sepi.

You wanted some magical universal strategy, which doesn't exist. All the temporary strategies that dominate are created by the top players, and gets passed down to the average players after they lose enough to it. Meanwhile, the temporary strategies that were working at the time you asked were changing like every 2-3 months. It was pretty drastic.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »
see, either i havent gotten any smarter or you havent gotten any smarter. lets put a pin on this one for another couple of years

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »
Blue/Orange = Close ratio comparison, with blue being slightly ahead
Green/Red = One player's ratio is significantly better vs the subject player
Green/Red = One player has a winning record, other has a losing or draw record

Player: Swift's Record | Viruz's Record
Swift          N/A                  40-62
Viruz          60-42                  N/A
Braviet       84-26            94 - 75
Lux      7-0    8 - 1
Medivh 12-1    7 - 2
Shotgun      7-5                 16-15
Lone          41 - 10               18 - 18
Koorb        53 - 12           37 - 12
BHC-Jesk   9-1                12-9
Startale     7-2                 9-8
Poscow     24 - 15            33-31
00Steve 6-1                          1-1
Tabac[man] 5-1                 3 - 1                                 
Tyrus 32 - 5                    46 - 21
its_hot 8-1                            0-1
jay-hawkerz 5-0               10 - 3
ehyo(valk) 12-1                1-0
wargasm 13 - 4          34 - 6
alfred[eur0] 12 - 4              6 - 4
rat 17-3                          25 - 14
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:40:01 PM by Swift »

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
I didn't realize that I was that much factually better than viruz, holy crap

Only person he did better vs is wargasm, everyone else I did better vs (most I did way better vs)

if it weren't for even me being shocked at how much more dominant I am than viruz, then I would say that was a huge fucking waste of time to compile.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2015, 06:39:42 PM »
i can see green poscow at 24-15 (you), but orange koorb at 37-12 (viruz). i stopped reading at that point, call bias and laugh at you. do your math, lil boi

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
The colors are compared relative only to the other player (me or viruz) vs that same player.

So for example, I am green vs poscow, because my record vs poscow is significantly better than his record vs poscow
And he is orange as koorb because he has a lesser record vs koorb compared to my record vs him

make sense now?

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2015, 06:43:40 PM »
and don't call bias... just take the colors out of the mix and look at the lopsided records, or just add up the totals for all i care.