Poll

so its ok to draw 3 lines for all types of damage?

yes, i like to have all possible info
3 (37.5%)
no, only need 2, str and prc damage with all their bonuses
1 (12.5%)
no, only need 1, same as original game just add +1 bonuses in diff colors
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Alaunter 2 status concept  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Alaunter 2 status concept
« on: August 12, 2024, 05:47:00 PM »
so as everyone knows we are making new custom campanign called Alaunter 2 act 1
and we wanted to add new game mechanics of XP -> lvl up -> ranks
ranks can give bonuses, like armor or damage to units
also we will add some new custom upgrades or aura effects that can also add damage or armor

so because all of that needed to be shown somewhere i thinked about making custom status
as many pro players probably knows, whats is shown in original game satus is actually very fucked up and sometimes even wrong
for example default lvl 1 grunt damage is shown as 2-9, so what is 2 and what is 9?
and if someone opens map editor they will see grunt have stats of 3 prc dmg and 6 str dmg, so, normal player can think WTF is 2 and 9?
so i decided to add in status icons for STRENGTH damage, and PIERCING damage separately.
they will shown real basic stats from map editor +upgrades bonus +new custom upgrades and ranks bonus from alaunter 2
i think this is very useful to see what damage type upgrade or rank gives bonuses

and also will show an aprox min max damage as blizzard did in orig but i will calculate the REAL value and also include all bonuses

but other developer thinks its very wrong and cursed way.
so i wanted to ask if my new unit status concept is good.

p.s. don't pay attention to the icons themselves, their images got fucked up palette, i will fix them for all tilesets later.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 05:53:22 PM by Mistral »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Alaunter 2 status concept
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2024, 05:16:13 AM »
I dont think so that's important thing how many DMG deal unit, you dont make campaign where you need count how many times you need hit enemy unit to kill it, to avoid misses, Warcraft 2 is fast game
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience