Author Topic: Using Triggers Editor  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Calus

• Critter
    • View Profile
Using Triggers Editor
« on: June 26, 2024, 04:24:35 AM »
Hey! I'm new around here.

I somehow stumbled across some WC2 campaigns, and discovered there's a nice modding scene. I'm curious at using the Triggers Editor for making a custom map.
I hope this is the right forum to ask -
I haven't succeeded making the triggers work on a map. I tried using both WC2 BNE and War2 Combat Edition.

I created a set of triggers and saved into the *.pud map I made. For example: Change Lothar's name to 'Calus', and a set of triggers that cause a Defeat if he's killed. Forcing the human player (Red) to be Human (I couldn't figure if this intended only for multiplayer, or also on Local).
After a few other attempts with other triggers, none has activated.
I tested through loading the map as a custom scenario game, using all default settings.

Anything I missed perhaps?

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Using Triggers Editor
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 10:03:44 AM »
PUD maps with triggers working only in multiplayer on our server
when you host map you must use triggers game mode (it can be selected in lobby with combobox above chat)

singleplayer capabilities of war2mod triggers currently limited only for campanigns
you can check video if you want to use for singleplayer

the video is old, there is now not a dll file but directly war2mod.w2p file you put it in plugin folder then make w2tr files in triggers editor and save them in plugin/Triggers folder with names of campanign missions like human01.w2tr
you need to install last version of War2 Combat with plugins support or install HD patch