Author Topic: Why doesn't everyone move to GOG?  (Read 14168 times)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn't everyone move to GOG?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2022, 11:28:36 AM »
they were in channel tkislow, next time just try join games game name:tkis password: low
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2022, 06:03:13 PM »
I discovered this game has a multiplayer option by trogallart/gog. I though had only campaign from 1990s . The problem on GoG was to find games...it was possible to play only on weekends, that is the reason I started on ru server.

I started on May/2021 and on beginning nobody allowed me to play here... it was a insta ban in every game before starts until I start to host my own games.

Only two players let me play here before I improve a little bit...Equinox and Undine. Otherwise I would probably quit.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2022, 11:38:35 PM »
I discovered this game has a multiplayer option by trogallart/gog. I though had only campaign from 1990s . The problem on GoG was to find games...it was possible to play only on weekends, that is the reason I started on ru server.

I started on May/2021 and on beginning nobody allowed me to play here... it was a insta ban in every game before starts until I start to host my own games.

Only two players let me play here before I improve a little bit...Equinox and Undine. Otherwise I would probably quit.

yeah a lot of the old-schoolers booted noobs/unknowns. to be fair, they just wanted to play with each other with no interest to coach/row the community, and you can't fault them.  now the issue is fixed with obs option, so noobs interfering with games is (almost) a thing of the past

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2022, 01:58:41 AM »

Yeah I went through that when I first joined RU and I will say most RU players have gone through that aside the players that came here from BNE East in 2006-2009.

RU was originally only meant to be for “BNE GOW” players and even went so far as to advertise “hosting customs is not allowed and you will be banned for hosting them on RU.”
Needless to say I don’t think that helped in the growth of the game but that was years ago and I don’t think players were as mature back then as they are now.
war2 > war3

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2022, 02:48:51 AM »
That said I think IL finally implemented the server protection I recommended a year ago, right @iL ? If that is the case and I could make a difference I am really glad.
Yes, your server protection idea is still actual and it's still working!
This time something goes wrong with the protection, i thought they learned how to bypass the protection, but 2 days later i understood i just made a mistake in the configuraion. Now everything should work fine again.
Cel, you are the great guy and you made a substantial contribution to war2 and our war2ru project also, thank you for the things you are doing!
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2022, 02:50:40 AM »
What Trog is building is just a group of friends, that respect each others, and that he has fun playing with and looks forward to be around every weekend. That is it...
A group of friends is really a nice thing!
Same as russians: a subcommunity inside the big war2ru community. Russians have their own socials, chats, meetings, with it's own subculture or friendship and mutual assistance.
Yes, russian part play together with the whole community, but they didn't take some toxic ideas, always glad to play with newcomers, friendful to others.

I like the idea of war2 as several different groups of friends. That is a natural behaviour in any big group.
The only question is how to let all of us play together.

Several different groups on one server. That is what we do in 2008 when all the russians moved to the united worldwide server.
Was good for everyone:
Good for russians: to play together with the strongest players in the world.
Good for oldschool players: flow of newcomers, several dozens of players at one moment.
Good for everybody.

Now we have 3 separate groups:
- war2ru oldschool toxic community (with a russian part with it's own subculture)
- Babyshark's community, friendly and respectful for each other inside the group.
- Trog's GOG community, also frienldy and respectful for each other.

Maybe we already have some more communities separated from these groups? Who knows...

I'd be glad to unite everybody on one server, to let everybody play toghether.
Most likely there should be several different groups of admins/moderators to handle their subgroup and not to look into other subgroups, until they begin to conflict to each others.
I think, the experiment with russians subcommunity became quite representative: russians have their own admins/mods who handling russians only.
Kagan, Ragner, Lesnik, Mistral - those who never handle any worldwide questions on the server but russian subcommunity only.

There's so many different people, with different culture, traditions, menthalities. How to let them all coexist together? At least to play together inside their group and sometimes to call someone else active on ther server this moment?
I think we should find a way to do that great job!
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2022, 04:47:56 AM »
I believe there is only one divide not 3, the only separation I see is ru / usa because there is bad blood between you guys and both side antagonizes the other.

Trog does not antagonize people and does not care where people come from or will go after his stream is over. There is no divide, just a common ground where people just meet and play a game they love with people they respect and feel respected by.

If anything Trog's "community" is a bridge, not yet another airtight wall. Because it allows people that were not meeting otherwise, to play together and create new friendships.

There will always be more than one place to play wc2. Question is, does it always have to be a matter of us against them.  :beam:

:wc2:

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2022, 07:04:26 AM »
believe there is only one divide not 3, the only separation I see is ru / usa because there is bad blood between you guys and both side antagonizes the other.

One other reason some players have been moving over to usa most notably @Disgruntled
Is due to all the mods here.
Would seems some players are unable to play on RU anymore because they lag hard as a result.
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2022, 11:35:55 AM »
I think trog is the only one who dont spread the community, sadly he is stock with a bad server.

War2RU is promoting russian community, War2 ''RUSSIAN''
War2Usa is promoting americans community War2 '' USA ''

both of those community feel like they need to show who they are and i think in both situation it's really bad.

There no need to show what country is in charge of the server.

Like IL said, peoples have different ethnies religion, culture, language etccc. it's just pushing away new commer, some peoples dont love russian, some peoples dont love americans. Thats a fact and there nothing we can do about it, we cant change mentality. But we certainly can change the name of the server!! Exemple War2World, with a name like this everyone can feel safe to join, and when they are inside they can join different sub forum where their own community hang.

I am not racist at all, not even close, but i think it's really bad to use that kind of promotion, sometime i just feel like its a political war into gaming... I think it's pretty bad for us, and pretty bad for the world wide gaming in general. I understand peoples can be PRO Russian and Pro American and i respect that, but when it's time to play all togheter around the world, its not welcome from my own part.

Sorry if you guys dont agree.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »
One other reason some players have been moving over to usa most notably @Disgruntled
Would seems some players are unable to play on RU anymore because they lag hard as a result.

This is a very good point.

There is any tutorial or something to help the laggers? I think most of cases are just some config and not about connection speed....

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2022, 12:50:22 PM »
But we certainly can change the name of the server!! Exemple War2World, with a name like this everyone can feel safe to join, and when they are inside they can join different sub forum where their own community hang.

I think is a good idea.

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2022, 05:06:22 PM »
arent server actually really named War2Combat ???
and everyone just stupidly call it RU only cuz of website addres?
cuz it just historically was created here and used .ru domain for website not means server must be named RU by everyone LOL

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2022, 06:22:47 PM »
cuz it just historically was created here and used .ru domain for website not means server must be named RU by everyone LOL

Yeah most people do look at the URL and take it from there.
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2022, 06:47:03 PM »

when I log there is war2.RU
webside is RU
RU mean RUSSIA so yes
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2022, 02:38:44 AM »
Of course that's unacceptable thing! I told mistral to make his mod compatible with all the computers, even very old, win 2000, linux and so on.
If someone want to play and can't play, need to fix that as soon as possible.
If there is not working same as original game, be should make a workaround or w/e to let people join and play.
Do you know any additional info about Disgruntled and his problems to join/play on war2ru?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:43:28 AM by iL »