Poll

Which kind of maps will be allowed?

All maps (including chop and other customs)
Only War 2 maps (ladder/classic/others) - 1 peon starting
Only War 2 maps including default (some maps starting with hall etc)
Other

Author Topic: New ladder Pool 6  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Dudakurten

• Berserker
    • View Profile
New ladder Pool 6
« on: October 02, 2023, 04:16:07 PM »
New ladder Pool 6

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: New ladder Pool 6
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 04:59:53 PM »
ofc needs to try many variants of maps
this random game mode sets all map units and map default resources
so players can have more than 1 peon on start even on classic maps

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New ladder Pool 6
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 07:40:07 PM »
I dont think the maps matter as a question, the question is more like, what kind of ladder we want.

Do We want a true RTS style of ladder or we want a free for all jungle style.

By true RTS, i mean you start with one peon, the basic Low-medium-high ressources and you play the game.

By definition it basicly mean the Ladder/Classic maps of blizzard.

The free for all jungle style is mostly like custom with infinite ressource and things like that.

But does it mean custom cant be allowed, i dont think so, there peoples who can made really great map ''gow look a like''.

If someone made greats maps and it make sens and its a good one, im all in for it.

Not only it bring more maps, more options, but it also encourage creators and i think its nice at the end.

I know water is also part of warcraft II, i dont denied it at all, and i also know there some peoples who like this.

My probleme with it, is the amount of time these games can took. A game should take 5 to 20 minutes in general, 30 minutes it became really long, but water map, that can take an hour sometime, it's just something else and for alot of peoples it can be really annoying.

I dont think it's good to get these maps into the pools for a minority when it could annoy the majority.

All these maps, water, chops, strike desert, i think it would be better to just made a special season for theme sometime.

But including this into all season, im not sure at all, i think alot of peoples will just get tired of this really quickly when they realize they need to play it. 

At the end, ill say, Ladder, classic and custom Ladder classic Look a like, and sometime special season with water chops etc.

Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.