Author Topic: Help the server ( please (re) read and offer if u can)  (Read 19294 times)

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Help the server ( please (re) read and offer if u can)
« on: July 21, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »

Since I posted this I did get a lot of negative replies . But sadly not one person has helped yet . Several have offered but not one actually helped

I posted this 2 weeks ago , we needed 120 in the first month to get the 10,000 target . I understand we had server issues and it was actually lucky we didn't start initially .

Guys lets actually make this happen. Please reply if you can help with on of the below tasks or if you would like to brain storm a new idea to add to the list below.

Don't reply with your "hater " comments . If your one of the people who don't want the server to grow , then just don't respond please.
can anyone do any one of the following tasks we need to assign one task to each person.

1. Facebook , create a Facebook page . Not as a person but not as a page  . I will help it go out. I just need someone to Controll it . I can advise on the type of things to put in it if needed. (Who ever has access to this can they please contact me )

2. A YouTube video promoting the game I can help these videos get hits, I can guarantee 70,000. Not a video of a game u played but one promoting the game and server.
Please ensure
1. Promote game
2. Direct to website
3. Advertise u verse real people
4. That it's free to download

3. A help desk in the website where people download the game . Very simply live help box where experienced people can help newbs . Someone will need to Controll / install it and create some type of roster. ( this has been brainstormed in server with both positive and negative feedback ). I feel the best way to do it would just give the option to be a "operator" of the live help to everyone . Encourage all players to have the help desk open when in Warcraft . Eventually the people U help login will be helping others .

4. No rejecting people for games rule. There is No use in the new guys coming and not being able to get games. Or create a channel solely for new people.
This again was brainstormed but again nothing was finalised

5. Create a real tournament ladder ( similar to that of cases ladder) ie an active ladder where you move up 1/2 the way for beating some1. Or if your 100 and you beat 50 u move to 75. If you 20 and you beat 1, you move to 10. If you lose you move down one spot

6. Offer incentives if people bring a friend or friends to the server. Will encourage current people and also new people to bring their friends and post on their Facebook page. ( help growth, I don't know what incentive , new logo next to name??? Unsure  please brainstorm )

To hit a target of 10,000 new members in 12 months . We need to get 120 new members in the first month, then grow exponentially at 50% per month for 12 months . The first point would be to get the 120 new members and then we can go from there

[/quote]

Sent from my nokia 5110 using Tapatalk

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Help the server ( please (re) read and offer if u can)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 07:32:03 PM »
Since I posted this I did get a lot of negative replies . But sadly not one person has helped yet because they dont take me seriously since I continue to deny that I hack even though I really do.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:35:02 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »
We have two fb pages, https://www.facebook.com/war2combat and https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness

The video would be worth doing if you can guarantee the hits. Tupac's working on it I hear? For the live support, how about an embedded irc channel on the site? I'll reread and comment more tomorrow.

Everyone please respect the op's wishes and keep the flaming & quibbling out of this thread, thanks!
squeak!

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Help the server ( please (re) read and offer if u can)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
I'll gaurantee 70,000 ... but it will reach more

I'll get my girls to check the Facebook tomorrow as they can't prioritise it over other stuff. We have a nation wide promo started Monday they are full on with atm

Yes Tupac is doing video . Can't wait to see results

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 09:54:16 PM »
i wonder if the forum user "dellam" is actually a completely different player who just registered the name dellam on the forums... i feel like this might be the case

i cant for the life of me understand why:

1) a person (dellam) who has spent the last few years trying to destroy the community with hacking would all of the sudden want to rebuild it ... unless maybe said person realized if everyone continues to disappear he wont have anyone to hack/troll against any more

2) why the admins seem to be enabling and even encouraging his claims

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:20:32 PM »
i wonder if the forum user "dellam" is actually a completely different player who just registered the name dellam on the forums... i feel like this might be the case

i cant for the life of me understand why:

1) a person (dellam) who has spent the last few years trying to destroy the community with hacking would all of the sudden want to rebuild it ... unless maybe said person realized if everyone continues to disappear he wont have anyone to hack/troll against any more

2) why the admins seem to be enabling and even encouraging his claims
It's really him. I can tell from how he writes.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Kali IGL Stats

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 11:41:11 PM »
Yep me
I like Warcraft 2 . Don't want it to die.
I enjoy and have fun playing it and it relaxes me

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 11:45:14 PM »
Yet u still hack.  You did it again tonight now 30 mins ago.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 12:02:29 AM »

Yep me
I like Warcraft 2 . Don't want it to die.
I enjoy and have fun playing it and it relaxes me

Come on dellam it's not April 1st [emoji23]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline dellam

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 01:08:13 AM »
Lance it's 1pm here now . Last time I was on was about 6pm last night .
Not me ...
Honestly I don't hack . Seriously u ever seen me hack?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 01:49:21 AM »
Everyone please respect the op's wishes and keep the flaming & quibbling out of this thread, thanks!
no.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »
Lance it's 1pm here now . Last time I was on was about 6pm last night .
Not me ...
Honestly I don't hack . Seriously u ever seen me hack?

Yes.  everytime you've opened war2.  You've hacked.  I've witnessed it,  it's ALL over the place in my streams (yes, you hacking).  GTFO you loser.  Every person in war2 knows you hack, you do it blatantly and you should be banned for life because you are just that stupid.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:47 AM »

no.

[emoji122]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 02:59:00 AM »
didnt read and i dont give a fuck
i dont get why you let this fuckhead continue on the forums
i dont give a fuck how much mumbo jumbo he can come up with all while he continously going instadrop when getting killed, or building a hall where there isnt a peon. this just happened yesterday.

ipban this fuckhead of the forums

no.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 03:21:56 AM »
1. Facebook , create a Facebook page . Not as a person but not as a page  .
We have two fb pages, https://www.facebook.com/war2combat and https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness
dellam, is that something you talking about?

2. A YouTube video promoting the game
The video would be worth doing if you can guarantee the hits. Tupac's working on it I hear?
Sure, i think so.

3. A help desk in the website where people download the game . Very simply live help box
Any offers for the software to install?
Will you manage that helpdesk requests by your own forces? I don't think we have anybody in our community to be online all the time on this help box. If you have your own staff for that, that would be fine.

4. No rejecting people for games rule. There is No use in the new guys coming and not being able to get games. Or create a channel solely for new people.
Well, example: i want to play with 3 my russian best friends. I create a game tvb gow rus/123 and don't welcome others. Should it be prohibited, how do you think?
Or i create a game "gow good 2s" with no password and wait until good players join. Then 3 good players join and 1 more who doesn't know what's 9s, how to watch or w/e. Should we play with him with no chance for his team?

Also, should we ban people who kick others from their games for some reasons? I think we will see an empty server soon...

5. Create a real tournament ladder ( similar to that of cases ladder) ie an active ladder where you move up 1/2 the way for beating some1.
Agree. I also would he happy to find anybody who can do it. We have about 120000 reports, need the software to parse and upload all of them to the database and build ladder system based on it.
Any algorythms are welcomed.

6. Offer incentives if people bring a friend or friends to the server. Will encourage current people and also new people to bring their friends and post on their Facebook page. ( help growth, I don't know what incentive , new logo next to name??? Unsure  please brainstorm )
Well, referral system? Invite your friends and receive 10% of their wins on your personal /stats or something?
Anyway, that could be a good idea to keep that invitation links, to know how many people have been invited by whom.
Icon for inviting 10 new players per month or w/e?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:24:34 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.