Author Topic: Who would be on board for this?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline ItS_baRa

• Critter
    • View Profile
Who would be on board for this?
« on: January 11, 2023, 07:31:27 PM »
I had to make a new account as my old password doesn't work and neither does the password retrieval option.

After reading Harry's thread and seeing some responses from certain people, here and in game. There seems to be a desire for a 1v1/team ladder of some sort. I know cases ladder used to be used alot on USEast server.

So the question is,  is there an appetite for cases ladder (if it's still around) or something similar? From what I remember, you had to register your war2 name, challenge people who are also registered, then the loser of the match reports the loss. It had its own automatic ranking system. 

After the demise of bnets built in ladder, this was the go-to option for laddering in 1v1 and 2v2.

I play here and there sporadically. I find myself stuck  most of the time in these random 4v4s with a bunch of newbs. And I've been getting the itch to play some competitive 1v1s again. Which in my opinion, was the funnest time I had playing war2.

So again, is there an appetite for something like this again, would there be any interest?

Another option would be to fix the built in ladder, which is alot more work. But we do have capable people working behind the scenes.

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Who would be on board for this?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 03:50:02 PM »
Maybe just me, but I wouldn’t go through the hassle of reporting games on some other site.

Offline Rareskills

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Who would be on board for this?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 09:08:50 AM »
Didn't we have this with the custom elo ?