Author Topic: Red Viburnum in the Meadow (Short Single Player Campaign)  (Read 4550 times)

Offline Member

• Peon
  • Just an Atari 2600 hobbist loving WarCraft 2
    • View Profile
    • Atari 2600 Hungary
Red Viburnum in the Meadow (Short Single Player Campaign)
« on: December 31, 2022, 03:45:40 PM »
I decided to make a short custom campaign based around the idea i had for weeks. Now, the first two maps are ready to go. As you could see in Puzzler, I really like maps with unusual logic, these ones are no exception,

The story is based around a conflict between humans. One day evil Death Knights appeared and took control over part of the people.

01 - Invasion from the East
The stage has quite a hot start. The city (White) will be destroyed by the flooding enemy forces (Red Human + Yellow Death Knights and Skeletons). You are a single blue peasant with his home Farm. Run and tell the people (Black and Orange) what happened! You have to carefully think the most logical steps to get the units. The main goal is to defeat the Purple base where you can send a message and help will arrive the defeat the invadors!

Let's see how the level goes...
-You can build farms and towers only, so you really have to be careful about the buildings you own! You can train Footmen, Archers and Knights, so take care of you Ballistas! In the Shipyard, you can build Oil tankers and Transport only.
-You don't really have to care about the Red ones, they are too powerful and they are surrounded by the forest. Their AI follows the classic Land AI.
-The Green ones are basically a timer. The are gonna cut the trees around the two death knight, so after a short time, they are gonna give you seom trouble! Death Knights are modded, they can see submarines and also they have more hit points, all the spells and longer range than usual.
-Black units are the ones you have to rescue, also by touching the Black Town Hall, you send the message for the rescuing forces to defeat Red. The Death Knights might destroy the Stables, so you will lose the ability to train Knights!
-On the main island, the Town Hall is Orange, so you won't get the Black units, but it will also reveal the Purple base where they are gonna kill the hostages.
-Purple computer will only train Knights and Transports, they start with a small amount of resources so you don't have to deal with them to early.

02 - The Gathering
This one is more around building and training units. Red and Purple have full bases and they start to attack 4 smaller bases leaded by Yellow Death Knights (Teal, Orange, White and Black). You start with a small blue army, near the White village.   

In this stage, you can build three kind of buildings (Farm, Tower and Town Hall) and you can train Footmen, Arches, Knigths, Ballistas, Scouts, Oil Tankers, Transports and Submarines.
Red and Purple goes on the same logic as on the previous one, so Red will give you more headache (small part of the stage is based on water fights). Yellow now have a Temple of the Damned which is more powerful and works as a Town Hall (collects gold and lumber), Orc Guard Towers shoot powerful fireballs and there are also Daemons around with more HP and greater attack range.

Basically you have to gather all the villages before the deplete their gold mines. White is a really basic village, has only the Barracks. Black has a Lumber Mill and a Barracks, but the Gold Mine has to be freed from the forest. Orange has the Stables and Blacksmith, also a Lumber Mill, also it reveals a Human Transport ship, so you can travel to Teal. Teal is the most scientific one with Gnome Scouts and Submarines.
The biggest hazard here is that you enemy can build his base and has a lot more resources than you do, I suffered for hours as it rebuilt the attacked red base buildings and also sent the Death Knithts against me.

To be continued...
Soon, you will capture a Death Knight and hear about the Paladin legacy...

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Red Viburnum in the Meadow (Short Single Player Campaign)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 10:38:31 AM »
now we got tools(by mistral) and we can make new mission objective + replace map, its even possible to win puzzle if peon will go to circle of power, so if you got fun making more maps its possible(even with 2 maps) make it as campaign

@Mistral
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 11:31:06 AM »
ye very ez to make custom campanigns with any missions obj
u can check my git for code https://github.com/Mistral-war2ru

Offline Fennor

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 05:27:49 PM »
Interesting maps. I like the almost metroidvania like nature of the first one. Something that allows you to scout a bit more in the first mission would be helpful though. There is not really much decision making when you have the poor vision of a worker.