Author Topic: Typical Holiday User Numbers  (Read 13059 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Typical Holiday User Numbers
« on: December 28, 2022, 04:10:12 PM »
During the holidays, there is always an uptick in how many users are on. Usually, we get a solid 60-80 from what I recall. We've had about 25-50ish regularly lately. Winter usually bumps up a bit.

Long story short, we are well short of the typical number of users playing during our peak time. Not a good sign of things to come. It seems to be accelerating at a higher place lately.

Notable players missing:

Myself- took 11 months off
Swift- took a year off apparently
ST- back after how long?
Lone- just around recently otherwise not active as far as I know besides a few smurfs here and there
Braviet- most active user along with u8 who disappeared one day but did randomly show up at a higher prize tourney, lol
spb- still plays but is on noticeably less
00Steve- seen a few times compared to daily
Jesk

Joe- (it's been a while now but still missed/left even though he comes and goes here and there)
Knitterhemd (I see only here and there sometimes)
Teaboy- seen him logged a few times in the last 2-3 months and not playing
Andrez- probably on an aka idk
Player- (ya right)
PB- only on recently
ESN- MIA 2 years?
Jade
Jynx
Pink
Equinox- saw him the other day for the first time in 2-3 months (yes, I read the forum)
KHB- was playing a bit before I left
Any of the iS
Ragnar- I've seen him a couple times- more active lately but, since he took admin, I've seen him rarely. :(
Dj_Boss
Talrand- plays seldom
Raz_
Sepi
Lance
Niko
Donger (smurfing?)
Dugs
Truck[z]
Hotty (always on during the holiday season- 1st time not since he quit
Brz seem to be on less. Rasak for sure.

I'm sure there are many more I can't think of off the top of my head. I'm sure some are smurfing too that I don't know.

Unfortunately, these are just the bigger known names of the community. I'm sure we've lost a LOT of lesser-known names/players as well who don't get the recognition.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 08:26:32 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Typical Holiday User Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 04:31:32 PM »
some info:

Ragner from Ukraine and they have electricity shutdowns very often recently, so he prob cannot play often

Niko playing on shitty GOG with trog

dj_boss playing with u8 1v1 almost every day (or at least VERY often, check u8 streams)

Knitterhemd very often can be seen on u8 streams, so he still watching for games, maybe just not have much time to play himself (i saw him yesterday on u8 stream)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 04:39:17 PM »
/finger dj_boss. Last login August 12. They used to play daily a lot, yes. Plays on dif name? u8 seems to mostly chop.

Ragner used to be a lot more active. Maybe electricity was better then?

Knit might be on stream, but not playing...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:49:01 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 10:15:24 PM »
/finger dj_boss. Last login August 12. They used to play daily a lot, yes. Plays on dif name? u8 seems to mostly chop.

See the new player names being deleted thread that I posted on. The /finger and /whois for players who have logged in since this issue started doesn't work. You can do /whois or /finger on any player who has logged in for the last so many months, and it will say they logged in last in August or a random date (like 1970 LOL).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 10:07:03 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 05:25:53 AM »

its not working you can use on yourself, you will see last login 12.08 also

lot of people from your list are playing, some stopped before christmas like raz_. some people are playing in diffrent server like niko
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 05:29:15 AM by Szwagier »
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
I still play from time to time.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 09:33:36 AM »
It's not going to get better unfortunately unless 1 person with a very large audience brings attention to the server .. or lots of people with standard audiences band together to bring attention to the server.

Efforts to get the community to band together and bring attention to server in past have always failed, and to my knowledge none of us have a large audience.

Everyone wants to complain about users consistently declining, but few have ever wanted to work together to do anything about it.

I'm hoping to build a YouTube channel soon.. build a large audience.. and I'd be willing to advertise a new server without all of the unnecessary modifications made to the game. But I can't see myself ever supporting this server that seems hell bent on literally changing the core structure of the game we started playing 25 or w/e years ago

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 10:19:47 AM »
another server, thats great idea TK, ru,usa, gog, we need another one

too bad you didnt do anything when there was Lan latency, black2pink, holepunch for hosting games, server status, having fl more than 25 people, have command /r /con /games /user, but when Fois made HD, dont use it or im gonna leave w2!

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
Wide-screen changes dynamics of game.

Did not fix a problem with game..just changed game

Fixing problems is fine.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2022, 11:01:00 AM »
Wide-screen player sees 30% more in viewfinder than person who been playing game 25 years not using wide screen.

Unfair advantage.. makes competition meaningless

"I lost because he saw a DK he hasn't been able to see last 25 years.. and I didn't know he could see it

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
Dumbest shit and biggest mistake this community ever made

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2022, 11:06:27 AM »
Black to pink made game more fair. Equal. Evenly balanced.

Wide-screen makes game more unbalanced

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »
Yes all know you can forgot upgardes lust xD

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 03:00:18 PM »
"too bad you didnt do anything when there was Lan latency, black2pink, holepunch for hosting games, server status, having fl more than 25 people, have command /r /con /games /user, but when Fois made HD, dont use it or im gonna leave w2!"

Lat/black2pink/HP/server status/FL/commands- most of that doesn't have much to do with gameplay. I guess you could argue black2pink but that really is more of an anomaly than anything else. Just an overlooked color. You could argue lat too but then you would just be playing devil's advocate at this point. They don't really have anything to do with the functions of the game. Great addons though.

Port forwarding was one of the major roadblocks in this game for new people (safety), and even existing users (just being able to host). That was a great fix.

The whole RU thing; (especially now) the virus notification upon install, along with a website that is deemed unsafe, is what makes new players run away too. I can't promote something and go BUT this BUT that and just TRUST ME that it's safe. If someone told me that, there would be no way I would try out a new game or even go back to an old game. TBH I don't even know that it is safe, lol. I just assume that there are enough people here that know enough about "computers", to keep it simple, that would have blown the whistle by now.

If those were fixed, it would be a lot easier to convince people to play this game.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 03:49:34 PM »
Good point about the virus thing... it even  makes me uncomfortable downloading the game lol