Author Topic: Warcraft 2 First War Returns, new warcraft 1 remake, MOD  (Read 11980 times)

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Warcraft 2 First War Returns, new warcraft 1 remake, MOD
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 11:08:46 AM »
I try to advance through the mods depending on my mood and inspiration. There certainly can be added up way more features but main problem is, there's little to no support within my content. People expect a war2 remaster, even though don't support these new generation features. Support is there out there but not for my modding content. u8 gets 20-30-40+ viewers on daily broadcasts so it's not true that there's no interest from war2 still up to these days.
Fact is, I think most, if not all of Ed's content is wonderful, magnificent and brilliant from him to make it possible in warcraft 2 but I'm advancing through the mods as long as my mood, time and inspiration allows it since I said it earlier, there's no interest or support I see at all for them. Still, I appreciate you took the time to give a try to this mod.
In that project, its even possible to make 512x512 maps for War2 but besides many more modding capabilities for the game mechanics, units or buildings. The project have still being improved through the years if you refer to Wargus performance from previous years.

If you're looking up for warcraft 2 being done from scratch to increase it's capabilities, you can take a look into Wargus or a guy called Zhall who is doing a port to include Command & Conquer and Starcraft unit/buildings.

My mod with dwarfs was made for Wargus in 2010-2012 and I remember that Wargus was buggy as hell. It had some great improvements like selecting more than 9 units, unit recruitment queue, rally point, but all in all the engine was clunky and game had bugs that War2 didn't have. For example: using catapults or dragons or any source of area damage, AI could damage own units. And because someone implemented a rule for AI to always attack the unit that dealt damage to AI's unit... AI was fighting with itself, killing own dragons and catapults. Another bug was with Lumber Mill -> AI was unable to build it. If you do not create it in editor AI won't build it. It will stuck with Barracks and Farms forever, waiting for Lumber Mill and never build it.

I didn't look at Wargus for a long time so maybe they fixed all of it, but back then it was a broken game
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 11:10:54 AM by Vendar »

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2022, 03:50:44 PM »
Today I tried finish 5 mission again and I did it. Turning off Fog od War was very helpful  :wc2:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2022, 07:09:55 PM »
Today I tried finish 5 mission again and I did it. Turning off Fog od War was very helpful  :wc2:

Spoiler

Spoiler

hey buddy, welcome. Do you mean by the fact I removed fog of war in options ? or you just did it by yourself?

I have been a bit out of war2 because my mental problems but there may be other mod real soon you may be more interested than this one.

Lothar deserved to have more action in the battlefield. I hope you enjoyed the demo to this point.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2022, 06:46:12 PM »
hey buddy, welcome. Do you mean by the fact I removed fog of war in options ? or you just did it by yourself?

I did it in War2 game options. By default fog of war was on

I have been a bit out of war2 because my mental problems but there may be other mod real soon you may be more interested than this one.

Sad to hear that. Hope you will get better, pal. Take care of yourself! Be strong like bloodlusted ogre  :chuckisthemuscle:  :wc2:

Lothar deserved to have more action in the battlefield. I hope you enjoyed the demo to this point.

He was very helpful in the last mission  :slight_smile: I lost him few times, lol and I had to load the save, but all in all he helped.
My memory is weird and it likes to remember some unimportant stuff -> for Lothar voice, did you pick some Paladin lines from Warcraft 3?

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2022, 08:39:14 PM »

I did it in War2 game options. By default fog of war was on

Sad to hear that. Hope you will get better, pal. Take care of yourself! Be strong like bloodlusted ogre  :chuckisthemuscle:  :wc2:

He was very helpful in the last mission  :slight_smile: I lost him few times, lol and I had to load the save, but all in all he helped.
My memory is weird and it likes to remember some unimportant stuff -> for Lothar voice, did you pick some Paladin lines from Warcraft 3?

yeah, good memory there !

i may come up with a new mod to unleash my own proposal of a new warcraft 2 game balance to make things more fair for the Alliance faction. You're welcome to give a look into my twitch.tv/dannyldd stream or the youtube channel.

Several new generation features that I couldn't showcase to this point but allows the original game mechanics to go for the next level. Thanks to ed gorod for this  very awesome work around.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2022, 12:32:49 PM »
That sounds very interesting :slight_smile: I will take a look at that for sure :thumbsup: