Author Topic: Forum code of conduct from HOTS and SC2 your favourite games!  (Read 23570 times)

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Forum code of conduct from HOTS and SC2 your favourite games!
« on: November 16, 2020, 06:19:31 AM »
Here is how they handle forums on heroes of the storm and Starcraft2. Care to give these rules a try? Since you seem to adore these games soo much  :ok_hand: :newthumbsup:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000256989

Oh and BTW these rules apply to each and every single member, no special treatment no exceptions this includes Admins and VIPS. Good thing to note for sure...
Since these games are obviously so great how about we use the same rules overhere and oh How about we respect what cathegories are for too that would be great!

Oh and hey have a look at what I just found in there:

Distribution of Real-Life Personal Information
This category includes:

Releasing any real-life information about other players or Blizzard Entertainment employees
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be permanently banned from the forums

Ouch I guess some people really are lucky this forum is not HOTS forum because I am pretty sure they would be long gone by now!  :rofl:

Oh this is not all look at this gem for example:
Harassing or Defamatory
This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.
*Cough* "Muslim!" *cough*, rings any bell to anyone?

Or this LOL:
Spamming or Trolling
This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
Making non-constructive posts
Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity
Creating Duplicate Threads
This category includes:

Creating threads about existing topics
Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Freedom of speech does not mean absence of moderation in a discussion. Quite the opposite actually otherwise its the jungle the louder voices have all the attention all the time and it is impossible for everyone's voice to be heard. Having categories that we respect on the forum and enforcing them helps freedom of speech and making sure there is a proper place for each topic.

That said I would support adopting most of these rules for the forums while keeping some categories off rules like Flamewar/offtopic so that our most racist and Homophobic or politically engaged creeps can keep posting all of their wonderful theories there. Since apparently for some of us "This is war2" and getting rid of it is "killing war2" but at the same time they want to move to USA when they get banned here... How ironic...

Oh and I think things are going to move much much more quickly now, thanks to all that shinanegan that happened over the last few years All the people of the russian community are going to have a look at how things are run here and start getting more involved and help manage this horrible place and make it one.
Finally we may have a freaking normal place that feels welcoming for everyone not just a handfull of loud voices...

There is hope  :newthumbsup: :wc2:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:21:30 AM by Cel »

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Forum code of conduct from HOTS and SC2 your favourite games!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 09:59:34 AM »
There you go again egging on equinox

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
Nah, recent events just underline the fact that this point probably needs to be addressed.

There is an undeniable benefit to having clear rules and guidelines like any serious other forum has.

Right now, admins actions reflect their common sense but they have no detailled ruleset to justify their actions.
This means when a punishment or direct action is taken from an admin it is taken like a personal attack, and this is bad.

A ruleset both helps admins justify their action and also prevent admins abusing their powers since there is a more defined guideline to follow.

The fact that I mention these recent example is just to show how very defined in other places these cases are described and handled.
And how if we had a proper ruleset for the forums very probably people would not be so mad about them and would not take these occasional interactions personally like they do right now.

In short: Rules make moderation non-personal and less prone to generate outrage.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 10:17:56 AM by Cel »

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
War2 forums since the beginning of time have been like this and it isn't about to change now because some hotshot wannabee admin wants it to. These forums are a place for people to come and show their characters whether you like those characters or not. I think of it as wrestling, where you have your heels and baby faces. Like them or hate them they are here to entertain. This isn't some PRO league like sc2 where things are taken super seriously. Chill out dude

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »
There you go again egging on equinox

He forgot to say on Heroes of the storm and starcraft II there nobody whos hacks the mpq and there no members with favor threatments hahaha

Cheating
You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:34:03 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:50:29 AM »
If we where on Heroes of the storm or starcraft II U8 and all those hackers would be ban way before i harasse them  :salty: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity] that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating[/size].
Okay. Do not use programs such as: Warvid, Insight, Observer, War2config ...
They all work with game resources, bro :)

And also do not use OBSstudio for prevention.
And also throw out all plugins and switch to DOS's War2.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity] that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating[/size].
Okay. Do not use programs such as: Warvid, Insight, Observer, War2config ...
They all work with game resources, bro :)

And also do not use OBSstudio for prevention.
And also throw out all plugins and switch to DOS's War2.

Those software are not an unfair advantage, those add on have been release for the entire community on the official war2ru website..

An unfair advantage is about making his own colors and his own customize hotkeys for his personal purpose like u8 and many more hackers programmars did.

And those 2 hacks are just the tip of the iceber, we know there way much more.

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 11:57:10 AM »
U8 and all those hackers would be ban way
Tell me, do you need to improve the game? I thought you were in favor of balancing the races and bringing in a lot of playability.

So, bro, all this cannot be achieved without "hacking" mpk files. It's impossible.

In general, advice: go to your Starcraft 2, there probably are no hackers (no) =)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 11:58:14 AM »
An unfair advantage is about making his own colors and his own customize hotkeys for his personal purpose like u8 and many more hackers programmars did.
How can creating your own colors help your opponent beat you?)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 12:00:44 PM »
U8 and all those hackers would be ban way
Tell me, do you need to improve the game? I thought you were in favor of balancing the races and bringing in a lot of playability.

So, bro, all this cannot be achieved without "hacking" mpk files. It's impossible.

In general, advice: go to your Starcraft 2, there probably are no hackers (no) =)

Improving the game is not about cheating the game, you dont need to cheat peoples for years to improve the game.

I told you how to improve the game fairly like every other games in the world.

You made a back up server, use the back up server as a beta server, work ur add on there between programmars, you can even also invite players to test them and give there opinion, when the add-on in question is ready, release the add-on a future patch of the official server where everyones will be able to have it.

Making eiditation in the MPQ and cheating the peoples with it on the official server, is not helping the community it's hacking them.

Period.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 12:10:50 PM by Equinox »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 12:02:47 PM »
How can creating your own colors help your opponent beat you?)

First color to have been edited was BLACK to pink, the reason for that editation was the fact that black color and the fog in mini map was pretty similar and alot of players cant see ennemie units on the mini map.

I guess it's a advantage.  :salty:

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 12:04:37 PM »
He dont understnad that combat is illegal :D

I have played many game online warcraft 3, starcraft, dota 2 and never get caught of hacking

play more, maybe someday you will beat twn-cancel  :poo: :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 12:09:26 PM »
He dont understnad that combat is illegal :D

I have played many game online warcraft 3, starcraft, dota 2 and never get caught of hacking

play more, maybe someday you will beat twn-cancel  :poo: :rofl:

Well did he just admit that he have hacks other game too? wow what a genius  :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
Improving the game is not about cheating the game, you dont need to cheat peoples for years to improve the game.

I told you how to improve the game fairly like every other games in the world.

You made a back up server, use the back up server as a beta server, work ur add on there between programmars, you can even also invite players to test them and give there opinion, then when the add on in question is ready, release the add on on future patch of the official server will everyone will be able to have it.

Making eiditation in the MPQ and cheating the peoples with it on the official server, is not helping the community it's hacking them.

Period.
What's the difference where to test some updates if you still throw mud at everyone and call them hackers?
ANY development affects in one way or another the files-mpk. Without them, nowhere.
You can't do anything without them. Maybe I'll tell you a revolutionary thing, but plugins also affect mpk files in one way or another)
Delete this game and leave, since you distrust our developers so much.

And I walked with them, drank Tan, and I'm ready to go on reconnaissance together.