Author Topic: Invitation to play Warcraft II Danny's Insane Edition Single player  (Read 11053 times)

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I'd like to make an invitation to any of you who may enjoy all 4 Warcraft 2 campaigns and even beyond, a hard challenge to play on.

I have been doing and testing for quite a couple of months already a Warcraft 2 campaigns version known as Danny's Insane Edition which is based off from Szwagier's work on the Warcraft II russian client, which may be found on the installer and known as " Violent AI edition for all 4 campaigns ".
My edition in short terms aim for fixing up as many bugs from either the original War2 Battle net edition or even the ones from Szwagier's version but even more, to bring up a way harder version than that.

This mod is intended for Warcraft 2 veterans which may want to go for the "ultimate" Warcraft 2 challenge surrounding the four classic campaigns from the game. Currently you can take a look on this either to download in: https://twitch.tv/dannyldd/about or just watch it during live streaming. I have released already either Orc and Human campaigns from Tides of Darkness. All information and even more than all of this, is available on the channel description.

If you would like to join my little shitty stream to look up for overall testings on the project, then join up anytime to https://twitch.tv/dannyldd

As of November 8th, I'm currently testing XOrc4 from the Dark portal expansion.

Any of you guys are welcome to either look or play the project if you would ever want.

*** Also one of the admins from the Warcraft 2 russian discord told me  if this project could ever be checked out for being set as a plugin (I'm not sure if he meant to be uploaded on the discord or russian installer).

New note: November 28th, now the orc campaign from the dark portal expansion is already available to be played by any of you ! Just take a look in https://twitch.tv/dannyldd/about
last note: April 28th, if didn't mention in the comments below I just added up the Alliance campaign from beyond the dark portal so the Insane edition mod is already available to play just from the campaigns menu.

good luck have fun !

link for the project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81hr3ylf94294zz/Warcraft%20II%20Danny%27s%20Insane%20Edition%20v3.4.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:01:22 PM by dannyldd »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Invitation to play Warcraft II Danny's Insane Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 05:18:51 AM »
You made mistake in orc campaign, 2 missions are from normal campaign
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 06:45:43 AM »
You made mistake in orc campaign, 2 missions are from normal campaign

Which maps are you refering to, my friend ?

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 08:02:24 AM »
8 and 11 orc

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 09:46:04 PM »
8 and 11 orc

Oh dont worry, maps weren't modified very much in that cases. Overall cleaned up AI to work properly as it was intended by you and boosted difficulty beyond that ^^ Have fun if you test the maps around !

Anybody is welcome to visit the stream any further and current map testings, we're on XOrc8 struggling against the Kul'Tiras army!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 10:22:21 PM »
8 and 11 orc

Oh dont worry, maps weren't modified very much in that cases. Overall cleaned up AI to work properly as it was intended by you and boosted difficulty beyond that ^^ Have fun if you test the maps around !

Anybody is welcome to visit the stream any further and current map testings, we're on XOrc8 struggling against the Kul'Tiras army!

?? Maps looks normal, ai play normal like in normal campaign

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 07:00:51 PM »
8 and 11 orc

?? Maps looks normal, ai play normal like in normal campaign

Sorry for the late response my friend. Those maps are not necessarily intended to be different, at least not in all cases but to fix overall AI attack/upgrades overall... On the read-me file next to this little mod is specified that its based on your so awesome work, also known as Violent AI- campaigns edition ^_^

I hope you can give it a try! All missions uploaded have been tested and are beatable.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 07:04:42 PM by dannyldd »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »
Also the Orc campaign from the dark portal is already available as well ! All missions are beatable after long journeys of testing !!

As a reminder, the little mod is available in https://twitch.tv/dannyld//about > Danny's Insane Edition

Good Luck & Have Fun !!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
Hey guys, just forgot to mention but earlier this month (December) was published the last campaign which is the Alliance one from Beyond the dark portal in https://twitch.tv/dannyldd/about
Were changed some little things in maps Human08,10 from Tides of Darkness.
I tried to upload the files here but they seem a bit heavier than the max files allowed. Link below to download it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81hr3ylf94294zz/Warcraft%20II%20Danny%27s%20Insane%20Edition%20v3.4.rar?dl=0

Feel free to test this little mod if you're a veteran in RTS-games/warcraft 2.

At this point the project seems to be completed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 09:05:59 PM by dannyldd »

Offline DANILIN

• FREAK
  • Peon
    • View Profile
    • https://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5127.0.html
Re: Invitation to play Warcraft II Danny's Insane Edition Single player
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 01:55:07 PM »
? where are pictures of this game and maps ?

<==== see my links
all-consuming new worlds WarCraft2 from Russia
Russia looks world from future
Rossiya smotrit mir iz buduschego
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=5127.0

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 08:54:16 PM »
? where are pictures of this game and maps ?

<==== see my links

Hello, why would you need pictures ? The maps are attached in the patch from link to play this little mod.

Offline DANILIN

• FREAK
  • Peon
    • View Profile
    • https://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5127.0.html
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 09:03:25 PM »
I think readers need pictures so far,
no images, that don't download anything

on this forum there are programs
that convert maps into images

and even if maps are downloaded a little
more readers will see your work
all-consuming new worlds WarCraft2 from Russia
Russia looks world from future
Rossiya smotrit mir iz buduschego
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php?topic=5127.0

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 10:36:51 AM »
*** UPDATE July 02nd, 2021:

Warcraft 2 Danny's Insane Edition version 4.0 is already out:

So at this version we got some massive experience improvements. Before the main new features, I will say
the bug fixes for missions.

Xorc5 got a bit more gold in initial gold mine. Removed unholy armor + haste for this mission.
Xorc6 more gold in first + 2nd gold mine. Fixed up peasants mining pathing. Fixed up lack of resources to research
all upgrades for both blue and red humans.
Xorc7 fixed up  purple to prevent attacking after reaching keep. Fixed up green to prevent getting transports stucked by
naval fleet.

So the main features here now are:

*** I have merged both warcraft 3 announcer sound effects (both knight and grunt for humans / orcs respectively) plus the left unit panel you can see in-game (single or multiplayer) by Incos - Warcraft 2 USA member (discord server).

*** This Insane Edition mod can be used for either playing the campaigns modded for such purpose OR for playing multiplayer.
The only rule for playing the multiplayer with this patch is that you NEED TO CONSIDER that if you ever attempt to play against computer with other people you will get a CRASH. So in order to prevent this, you either have to share this same war2patch.mpq file from the Insane Edition with the people you're going to play with OR just go back to the base warcraft 2 game without patch.

*** Added up install.exe, which is a modded file containing several community remixes of both human and orcs sound tracks for either single or multiplayer and I have been using a couple of times on my stream. This patch can be used for both single or multiplayer.

Credits for those melodies:
Thanks to Ciunek85 for War2-Human4 Remix - Human06 theme in-game>>

Warcraft 2 - Human 4 metal cover - YouTube

Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for Human 3/4 themes in-game from Warcraft 3 - Human campaign (Human 1/2 themes respectively)
Thanks to LiveMIDI for Warcraft 1 - Human 3 Remix, Human5 theme in-game >>

LiveMIDI: Warcraft (PC) - Soundtrack (Remake) - YouTube
Thanks to LilMalygos for War2 - Human 1 Remix, Human1 theme in-game >>

Warcraft II Alliance OST Orchestrated - YouTube
Thanks to J Stadler for War2 - Human 2 Remix, Human2 theme in-game >>

Warcraft 2: Human Theme [Orchestra] - YouTube
Thanks to rinerion for Warcraft 2 - Human briefing (war room) remastered theme, War room theme in-game >>

Warcraft 2 - Human Briefing [Remastered] - YouTube
Thanks to Tuxedo for Warcraft 2 - Human Defeat remix #2, Human defeat theme in-game >>

Warcraft 2 "Human Defeat" Theme 9 #2 - YouTube
Thanks to BaDitO for War2 - Human Victory remix, Human Victory theme in-game >>

- YouTube

Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for Orc 2/3 from Warcraft 3 - Orc campaign (Orc 1/2 themes respectively)
Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for Orc 1  from Warcraft 2 - Soundblaster 16, Orc1 theme in-game
Thanks to http://en.war2.ru/downloads/ for War2 - Orc4 remix, Orc5 theme in-game
Thanks to BaDitO for War2 - Orc 3 remix, Orc4 theme in-game >>

- YouTube
Thanks to annonymous user for War1 - Orc 1 HQ theme, Orc 6 theme in-game >>

- YouTube
Thanks to LiveMIDI for Warcraft 2 - Orc briefing/Main menu remix, orc war room theme in-game >>

LiveMIDI: Warcraft 2 (PC) - Soundtrack (Remake) - YouTube
Thanks to Tuxedo for War2 - Orc defeat theme remix #3, Orc defeat theme in-game >>

Warcraft 2 "Orc Defeat" Theme 10 #3 - YouTube
Thanks to LiveMIDI for War2 - Orc Victory theme remix, Orc victory theme in-game >>

LiveMIDI: Warcraft 2 (PC) - Soundtrack (Remake) - YouTube

Credits to Szwagier for making his AI's violent edition (available in russian installer from http://en.war2.ru) that helped as an inspiration to make this Insane edition mod.

*** NEW PLUGIN that fixes up save-load in-game issues with the AI-Computer that didn't allow to play properly against it for about 25 years...
Well until now, since we got this new plugin from Mistral - Ed gorod (Big thanks to this guy who made this glorious
feature for warcraft 2 possible).
I don't know if have ever explained the several issues with the computer behavior in warcraft 2 but this is the situation that happens with it anytime you use save-load against it either in single or multiplayer ...

I have wrote this somewhere else so with this you should get an idea nor if have ever experienced an issue related to this while playing warcraft 2 - campaigns. *ALERT* if you don't want spoilers about computer behavior with the issues / bugs being present in warcraft 2 AI behavior then avoid this next part below:

"it's a bit complicated to explain for me but will try.
For example, if you're playing a campaign mission or any situation against computer and you save up your game in about past 10 minutes of game so then you either reload in the same time OR you reload minutes later OR you reload from main menu so the AI gets bugged in several parts. So for example if in that moment you save up and computer was ready to research ogre-mage upgrade and it was preparing a  6 grunts + 3 trolls + 2 ogres attack but only had ready 4 grunts + 1 troll axethrower, so the moment you re-load in that exact moment then will happen this behavior and bugs issues not corrected by Blizzard Entertainment to this day:

1) Computer stops chopping wood completely, which means that computer will NOT be capable to train units with wood required any further nor any other upgrades remaining at the AI script. If you damage enemy buildings then workers will NOT be capable to repair them because they won't chop any further wood so this will cause that workers stay next to buildings and will be GameOver for computer to fight against you.

2) Do you remember that the moment you saved up computer only had 4 grunts + 1 troll ? So the moment you reload then will NOT only stop following up the units required to train from AI script anymore but will start sending SMALLER group of units to attack (something like 4-6 units at most). For some reason (my experience with this issue) is that the moment you re-load, then computer will just send immediatelly to attack the units they have trained already.

3) The computer doesn't have a way to remember the upgrades already researched so if you for example save up the moment they're researching like level 2 damage or lvl 2 armor or any other thing then the moment you re-load, it will not be completed and will NOT proceed with the rest of upgrades on AI script.

This plugin is revolutionary in my opinion and would definetely improve experience for single player. "

This patch may be the last one required (unless something else is reported).

---

So with this new plugin, you should NOT have any trouble to play Danny's Insane Edition or Danny's AI Fixes Edition (DAIFE) using this new feature for the single player or overall playing against the computer. However, if you ever plan to play with a friend or multiplayer using this war2patch.mpq then I highly suggest either sharing both the plugin AND this patch to your friend or the people you play with online because you will mostly get a crash if both of you play against 1 or more computer enemies/allies.

Previously to this version, I suggested either in "DAIFE" or here in "DIE" to play the entire mods WITHOUT using save-load in-game features and ONLY any time you would get victory window (in order to save your progress to the end of each mission) so this way you would NOT bug out computer behavior and would allow yourself to play with all the fully experience available that this mod ever had to offer but that is NOT the case anymore. Since now we got this save-load FIX plugin by Mistral - Ed gorod, it's totally
possible to save-up and reload as many times as YOU WANT through the course of campaign missions or against computer in single custom/multiplayer. 
I have been personally testing this plugin and haven't encountered any issues THUS FAR (July 01th, 2021) but if for any reason you may encounter some bug experience after reloading that you would not do if you play straight up missions without save-reloading (except victory window)
then please don't hesitate to report either on the game banana post related to this mod or to my little stream in https://twitch.tv/dannyldd

The plugin added up you just have to place it in your warcraft2/Plugin folder. The patch in your main war2 directory and install.exe in your main war2 directory (do a makeup if you want to rescue your original install.exe with original war2 soundtrack)

As far as I'm concerned, this plugin works for the warcraft 2 installation downloaded from https://en.forum.ru ...
The plugin is NOT necessary for a fully operational work from this mod EXCEPT that save-load will work as buggy as
always was in warcraft 2 battle net edition, so without it I suggest that you do the previous requirement I set for this
mod that was playing straight up campaign missions without using save-reloading except in victory window for any mission to not corrupt the computer behavior.

Link:
https://gamebanana.com/mods/288701

Offline Esploratore

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024, 02:55:51 AM »
Hi, I tried this mod, but it looks too difficult, I understand it's meant to be really hard, but I've been playing warcraft 2 on and off for a very long time and was able to beat all campaigns a few times, including the dark portal ones, but I've never seen anything this difficult, in any strategy game I tried, I can do level 1 orc and human of tides of darkness with this mod, that's about it.

The level I've been trying for a very long time is orc 2 of tides of darkness:
Spoiler
this is normally a level where the enemy is passive, but here we're against 2 enemies, both of which have a barracks and relentlessly churn out units, sending waves of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 footmen, the blue player mixes it with archers too. I'm sure it's possible to win this if I can survive till they run out of gold, but I tend to get overwhelmed at some point, I even tried to attack white immediately and was able to destroy their barracks, save some grunts and run back, but I just couldn't keep up with blue after the losses I had sustained; blue is otherwise manageable if you can destroy white's barracks and have enough defending troops to survive in the short term, and basically I am now out of ideas.

I'm aware levels are only getting harder, but still would be nice to be able to do any level at all where the enemy attacks you in this mod.

I know the author said he tested all levels and beat them, but I didn't find any videos or guides for this particular mod, anyone who was able to do them has any ideas?

Do you need to be high level in multiplayer to be able to beat these maps? As I only really played against computer so far.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024, 05:12:58 AM »
Hi, I tried this mod, but it looks too difficult, I understand it's meant to be really hard, but I've been playing warcraft 2 on and off for a very long time and was able to beat all campaigns a few times, including the dark portal ones, but I've never seen anything this difficult, in any strategy game I tried, I can do level 1 orc and human of tides of darkness with this mod, that's about it.

The level I've been trying for a very long time is orc 2 of tides of darkness:
Spoiler
this is normally a level where the enemy is passive, but here we're against 2 enemies, both of which have a barracks and relentlessly churn out units, sending waves of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 footmen, the blue player mixes it with archers too. I'm sure it's possible to win this if I can survive till they run out of gold, but I tend to get overwhelmed at some point, I even tried to attack white immediately and was able to destroy their barracks, save some grunts and run back, but I just couldn't keep up with blue after the losses I had sustained; blue is otherwise manageable if you can destroy white's barracks and have enough defending troops to survive in the short term, and basically I am now out of ideas.

I'm aware levels are only getting harder, but still would be nice to be able to do any level at all where the enemy attacks you in this mod.

I know the author said he tested all levels and beat them, but I didn't find any videos or guides for this particular mod, anyone who was able to do them has any ideas?

Do you need to be high level in multiplayer to be able to beat these maps? As I only really played against computer so far.

This is reason why its bad, its not about make game, where you cant make single mistake

I had to repeat it like 20 times

Most people would not beat it
playing vs ai =/= playing vs player