Author Topic: Moderated forum takeover?  (Read 14674 times)

Offline LiveFreeorDie

• Berserker
  • Live free or die
    • View Profile
Re: Moderated forum takeover?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »
You don't seem to understand the concept of free speech.

Free speech means the freedom to express and discuss ideas, viewpoints, opinions, beliefs, openly.

Death threats, sexual harassment, false criminal accusations, and other types of hateful slander are not part of free speech.

The same concept applies to freedom in life.

Freedom means you can choose what education you want to pursue, if any. You can choose what medical treatment you want, if any. You can choose where you live, where you travel, whom you marry, if anyone, what type of clothing you want to wear, what books you read, you can choose to leave the country, how many children you want to have, if any. You can freely go to restaurants, movies, concerts, sporting events, educational seminars, fairs, and so on. You can start your own business that you choose how to operate. Your personal freedom is essentially limited only when it starts to impinge on the freedom of others to enjoy their freedom.

Ie. Blasting loud music at 1 am will deprive your neighbors of peace and sleep.

Real freedom does not allow unrestricted freedom to hurt other people.

Laws against killing, raping, stealing, etc. are not laws against freedom, but rather for freedom and protection.

Rules against malicious slander, sexual harassment, racist comments, or foul language are a protection to promote freedom and enjoyment for people, not a lack of freedom.

People can discuss all kinds of topics and share all kinds of arguments and facts and discussion in the Moderated Section.

Useless, continuous "You're a retard!" "No, you're a retard!" are actually restricting the freedom of people to freely discuss issues in a mature fashion.

If a black person came to W2 forum and saw "i hate naggers" and "claw the racist" and all the anti-black hate in the flame thread section of these forums, how welcome and "free" do you think he would feel in this environment?

Many smart people I've spoken to personally don't want to engage in the forums because the main forum posters who dominate the forum in post numbers are posting very low quality, offensive content that is not worth engaging, essentially hindering the freedom of those people who would be posting more productive, interesting, humorous, thought-provoking content.

War2USA is the fun and friendly place to play Warcraft 2. New players welcome at USA community!
http://war2usa.com/

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
Death threats, sexual harassment, false criminal accusations, and other types of hateful slander are not part of free speech.

I agree, you should stop doing those things.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
If a black person came to W2 forum and saw "i hate naggers" and "claw the racist" and all the anti-black hate in the flame thread section of these forums, how welcome and "free" do you think he would feel in this environment?
And if a Muslim person happened to be looking at this forum?...

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 06:51:35 PM »
Tanks are rolling in Here comes the coup

As a member of the moderated forum's oppressed trans minority, I approve of and in the process lend political and moral credibility to this military action to stabilize the democratic constitutional structure of the moderated forum (not a coup)
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 01:02:47 AM »
Free speech means the freedom to express and discuss ideas, viewpoints, opinions, beliefs, openly.

:thumbsup:  I agree 100%

Useless, continuous "You're a retard!" "No, you're a retard!" are actually restricting the freedom of people to freely discuss issues in a mature fashion.

Yeah!.... except for that time claw was off his meds and spewing race hate so blid called him a tard then claw was all like ?? so I posted the clinical definition of mental retardation - that time was awesome  ;D

Many smart people I've spoken to personally don't want to engage in the forums because the main forum posters who dominate the forum in post numbers are posting very low quality, offensive content that is not worth engaging, essentially hindering the freedom of those people who would be posting more productive, interesting, humorous, thought-provoking content.

Not sure how high you're going to be able to push that bar ... but ... I think it IS useful to have a forum secion that users don't need to scramble to hide if their parents/partner/children/neighbours walk into the room   :critter:

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 04:03:33 PM »
ahahaha, not quite as clandestine as i thought. damn, if i'd seen this + the actual invasion first i probably would've played along more :c clearly i was away from the forum too long this time...

moderated forum for peaceful discussion is a great concept! I think we got off to a rocky start with all that cupcake & ostrich business (and the 1 strike policy was probably a little impractical given how few of us there are), it might be a nice moment to consider blanket amnesty & a fresh start now that we have a nice well thought out discipline policy in effect. though prohibiting anything "obscene" might be a little too vague a standard to be useful, is that just another way of saying "keep it PG" ? i don't have a problem with cussing personally but can live without it, mostly i'd just like to see quality posting enforced to stop typical "you're a fucking moron" type replies. basically if you don't have anything to contribute but flaming then just don't post!
squeak!

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 04:31:57 PM »
apparently i was unbanned, but then babyshark took it upon herself to reban me without good reason? this is clearly inept moderation.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 05:44:58 PM »
okay, after engaging in talks with the rebels we have reached what i believe will be a mutually satisfactory accord for everyone! Let me be the first one to welcome all prior banees back into the fold c: more information here: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,3691.0.html
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:14 AM »
La historia me ha absuelto!