Poll

POLL: Should users be allowed to either directly or indirectly advertise/promote hacks?

Yes
5 (29.4%)
No
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 23, 2015, 07:49:15 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?  (Read 26632 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
Quote from: USA~Archer
At this point, I'm just exercising my right to do whatever the fuck I want, while obeying server rules.

1. WarCrap has legitimate uses in offline, LAN, and other play
2. I am not encouraging anyone to hack and its clearly stated
3. Hackers are going to hack, and theyre going to get banned if they do so who cares, its such a small community, no one wants to get banned and besides why would you hack these days? No ones worried about their stats how stupid they are if they care about winning still

If iL says "remove WarCrap or we ban you from RU server and forums" then I will remove immediately. But so far its just "we dont like it"

You are overreaching trying to control everyone and everything. How many people are hacking now because I have WarCrap on my site? ZERO. Who cares. what a waste of time. If they hack, they get caught, they get banned. Why would anyone want to risk it.

If iL says "remove WarCrap or we ban you from RU server and forums" then I will remove immediately. But so far its just "we dont like it"

this is what makes me feel good about all this - a realization that
  • Archer is not a man of his word
  • he's only doing that to piss off as many people as possible while playing victim

Motives? unknown.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »
At this point, I'm just exercising my right to do whatever the fuck I want, while obeying server rules.

1. WarCrap has legitimate uses in offline, LAN, and other play
2. I am not encouraging anyone to hack and its clearly stated
3. Hackers are going to hack, and theyre going to get banned if they do so who cares, its such a small community, no one wants to get banned and besides why would you hack these days? No ones worried about their stats how stupid they are if they care about winning still

You are overreaching trying to control everyone and everything. How many people are hacking now because I have WarCrap on my site? ZERO. Who cares. what a waste of time. If they hack, they get caught, they get banned. Why would anyone want to risk it.

this is what makes me feel good about all this - a realization that
  • Archer is not a man of his word
  • he's only doing that to piss off as many people as possible while playing victim

Motives? unknown.
Your chickens probably wonder the same thing about you as you rape em every night.

You hear urself? All the guy is doing is trying host a tourney, you people are being such assholes.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »
hes being the asshole, he can take his hacks and shove them up his ass. If you ever played gow on USEast you would know how much of a problem hackers were especially in public games.

"The bottom line is that the potential for harm by far outweighs the potential benefit;"
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »
He has been told many times nicely to take it down and he has refused and continues to indirectly link to his site on the forums. I think its time to set up the filtering. Lightbringer has to waste his time editing the links and I have to waste my time reporting them to him.

The maphack has no use in single player when you can simply type on screen, its meant for multiplayer. Also, I am sure he has it linked in game and people have downloaded it.
Mappack has buildhacks, so it can be pretty useful in single player. Don't believe there are cheat codes for that.

if someone needs a buildhack to play against computers, I don't know what to tell you. Either way as mousetopher said in her awesome post,

"The bottom line is that the potential for harm by far outweighs the potential benefit"
How is there a change in the level of harm? If a guy wants to hack they will....through a simple google search. Its clearly written that if use this program online you will be banned.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2015, 10:25:55 AM »
hes being the asshole, he can take his hacks and shove them up his ass. If you ever played gow on USEast you would know how much of a problem hackers were especially in public games.

"The bottom line is that the potential for harm by far outweighs the potential benefit;"
Seems like you people are the ones that are being assholes to him. Ganging up on one guy, ohh congratz team assholes you prevented a guy from hosting a tourney.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »

Seems like you people are the ones that are being assholes to him. Ganging up on one guy, ohh congratz team assholes you prevented a guy from hosting a tourney.

How? Everyone welcomed his tourney with open arms and gladly support it as long as he removes the hacks.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »

How? Everyone welcomed his tourney with open arms and gladly support it as long as he removes the hacks.
Becuase you guys are overreacting over freakin something he has clearly stated NOT to use. As does the website when you go to download the client. You are smiting his whole tourney on something that he hasn't even been advertising.

Go back to LOL and leave the issues to people who actually play the game.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:32:21 AM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
so what if he puts not to use them, people will use them. nobody gives a shit about single player and the only thing it has that you cant do in single player is build hack
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2015, 10:34:54 AM »
so what if he puts not to use them, people will use them. nobody gives a shit about single player and the only thing it has that you cant do in single player is build hack
We label dont use them on the main site and noobs still do. So i really don't see the point of smiting his whole tourney over this.

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
His tourney is most welcome. Everybody is happy about it. His website is great. Nobody has complained or smited his tourney. Our biggest problem is the hacks posted there. Nothing personal about him or customs.
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2015, 10:40:42 AM »
His tourney is most welcome. Everybody is happy about it. His website is great. Nobody has complained or smited his tourney. Our biggest problem is the hacks posted there. Nothing personal about him or customs.
You are smiting his tourney by deleting his bracket link where people can sign up.

If people want hacks they will just go to google and download it...people who know better won't even download it or just use it for single player. Just because it is on the site not like people will use it.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:43:07 AM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
You don't need to build hack in single player because you can just type Make it so

There is zero reason to host hacks on that website

He is being stubborn because he doesn't like being told what to do, but he's hosting a hack that harms the server and everyone playing on it.  He should take it down not only because we're telling him but also because it's the clear right thing to do.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2015, 10:44:47 AM »
You don't need to build hack in single player because you can just type Make it so

There is zero reason to host hacks on that website

He is being stubborn because he doesn't like being told what to do, but he's hosting a hack that harms the server and everyone playing on it.  He should take it down not only because we're telling him but also because it's the clear right thing to do.
Uh no build hack is completely different than make it so code.

Its got a notice on it, which is adequate.

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2015, 11:22:16 AM »
Evil you have an opinion about what is "adequate" but nearly everybody here aka "community" thinks otherwise. I will again state I'm all for him doing his stuffs and even participating, but he has to at least make an effort and realise people (community) do not want hacks to be linked anywhere.
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2015, 12:14:45 PM »
Evil you have an opinion about what is "adequate" but nearly everybody here aka "community" thinks otherwise. I will again state I'm all for him doing his stuffs and even participating, but he has to at least make an effort and realise people (community) do not want hacks to be linked anywhere.
Well you have to realize that if people want to hack they will, doesn't matter if it is posted on a site or they go to google and download one. The site has a disclaimer not to use it online, enough said. Ban the use of search engines then if you don't want hacks linked anywhere.