Poll

POLL: Should users be allowed to either directly or indirectly advertise/promote hacks?

Yes
5 (29.4%)
No
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 23, 2015, 07:49:15 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?  (Read 26992 times)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »
well everyone has put their stances

whats yours blid ?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2015, 09:27:36 PM »
This poll is obviously going to be a landslide.

If we follow the results of this poll, it means we'll inform him that unless he removes the hacks, we'll have to turn off his signature, etc.

If he continues to spread the link and the link has hacks, we'll have to ban him.

Is that really what people want?  Just want to make double sure.

Dont need to ban him, Lock and suspend all his account from forum and client where he do propaganda.

Every account wich talk about that website where the hacks are.

When hes gonna remove the hacks, give it back.

Please: If you do something to him, add it to the calendar, what the punishment and how much time for wich reason, ty.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:30:19 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:07 PM »
he said ban IF he doesnt remove.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »
lol tk voted yes..

that bitter noob

go away !! lol

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 09:46:23 PM »

If we follow the results of this poll, it means we'll inform him that unless he removes the hacks, we'll have to turn off his signature, etc.

If he continues to spread the link and the link has hacks, we'll have to ban him.

hell tea
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 09:58:15 PM »

Congrats mr.admin gonna ban a person on the theory that people well use his link for hacks other than the actual intended purpose of a tourney.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 08:00:54 AM »
This is a great example of why democracy fails, when the majority are idiots and vote themselves into communism

This isnt about "hax" or "hax0rz" this about giving a war2 community power to vote on ANYTHING and control any aspect of your life that is external to your gameplay on the server itself.

Next week we could have a poll and decide that the majority of people think that a player on the server should remove a picture from his facebook, and if we all vote and agree, he will be banned if he doesnt comply. It could be absolutely anything, since apparently following the server rules doesnt matter, what matters is doing anything a forum poll says.

I have not broken any server rules and yet I am being threatened to be banned because Teron has an intolerance for custom maps and custom map players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:03:16 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 08:09:06 AM »
I have not broken any server rules and yet I am being threatened to be banned because Teron has an intolerance for custom maps and custom map players

I have an issue with you hosting hacks. The custom maps/custom map players is just a trivial non issue. I have also clearly stated I do not want you to be banned but to only remove the hacks from your website which, to be honest, is nice. I am even willing to participate if hacks are not advertised (if my free time permits).
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 08:12:13 AM »
I agree that democracy fails, but that's what we have here. And with the introduction of hitlerism 1.0 and later hitlerism 2.0, we have to be aware of possible content moderation on war2.ru.

Facebook picture is not related to war2 as long as it's not posted/linked to here or on the server.

I have not broken any server rules
that is accurate, you haven't. But then rules have changed (or, as one might say, a certain missed aspect has been covered) and now it's against the rules. Nobody is going to punish you for the past, only the present.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »
time to delete...
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
Already deleted as far as I can see...
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
POLL: Should users be allowed to either advertise/promote hacks?
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
I have not broken any server rules nor am I currently, if you are referring to #7, I have not incited anyone to break any rules, if anything I have directly encouraged against breaking server rules

I realize english is not your first language but learn me this

Incite: urge or persuade

I have neither urged or persuaded anyone to use hacks, in fact I have done the exact opposite, persuading against using them on server.

Also Claw misquotes me on democracy: Democracy fails WHEN the majority are idiots.

If iL does not step in and you guys go through with this, it will set a precedent, allowing future polls that control any aspect of any players life outside of his gameplay

This an overreach of forum members voting power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:41:05 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2015, 08:36:07 AM »
Democracy is a powerful force and has my support when... when you agree with its verdict, huh? rotfl

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
I have not broken any server rules nor am I currently, if you are referring to #7, I have not incited anyone to break any rules, if anything I have directly encouraged against breaking server rules

[...]

If iL does not step in and you guys go through with this, it will set a precedent, allowing future polls that control any aspect of any players life outside of his gameplay

This an overreach of forum members voting power

The thing is, the current set of rules is determined by a community vote. My original suggestion some days ago was to add a new entry to the rules poll for this case -- are you saying that this restriction ("no hacks on 3rd party websites") would be acceptable to you in that context, even though it attempts to control an outside aspect of your life?

The incredible thing here isn't that people made a poll trying to force someone to take hacks off a website, it's that a seemingly reasonable, intelligent person who's going to such lengths to positively contribute to the community is making such a big deal out of removing hacks from his website in the first place. That's the whole reason admins are simply asking and not making threats to try and force your hand -- we respect what you're doing enough to not instantly censor your website because of 1% of the content, and in turn hope you will respect our community enough to not use your website as a platform for distributing hacks. (By comparison, if some spiteful troll were to spam a dropbox link to hacks on the forum/site/whatever it would be instantly deleted without question.)

This is an obvious decision on your part, and yet you refuse to be reasonable about it. But why? Pettiness? Spitefulness? Defiance of authority? What exactly does this accomplish?
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »
I think this dude has some alternative agenda, asking all this stuff about PVPGN and soirce code for host bot. I think he is planning on making a private server for custom players and was just trying to start a fight with the community to justify it. There is literally no other reason I can see for him to be so stubbern about removing the hacks,
Kali IGL Stats