Author Topic: Discussion from: To close war2 clients except combat or not to close  (Read 42088 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: Discussion from: To close war2 clients except combat or not to close
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2015, 03:00:14 AM »
Well the only QUESTIONABLE vote is from that smurf guy IBecomeShivaDestroyerOfGN.
However, the only UNFAIR vote is from "Orcish", who has been proven to be ganz's multi-account...
I bet its one of ur chickens...[emoji54]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2015, 05:52:36 AM »
However, the only UNFAIR vote is from "Orcish", who has been proven to be ganz's multi-account...

Of course Equinox will ignore that since it's voting on his side!

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2015, 06:45:47 AM »
sadness, i liked UWC

Yeah, seemed like it was going well. :c
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »
Well the only QUESTIONABLE vote is from that smurf guy IBecomeShivaDestroyerOfGN.
How about you saying you would change your vote, which would immediately tie the poll?

Also I wonder if some people voted to allow all versions because they want to support the server staff and oppose Equinox.  But maybe it would be best to vote to close the hack versions.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »
No man, there was a poll, the poll is closed. rules are rules!

incidentally, theres not much of a difference between iL being too busy to implement anti-hack and iL being too busy to implement wervsioncheck & fix the bugs

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2015, 08:10:40 AM »
idk, one requires creating a custom program that can catch hackers and interact with war2

the other requires changing a pvpgn setting

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
idk, one requires creating a custom program that can catch hackers and interact with war2

Promoting laziness?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2015, 06:49:39 PM »

No, the cheats are only broken because of different war2 versions then they are designed for. They can easily be fixed. A pvpgn setting won't help. Closing it might make someone fix or redo new hacks and make them public and totally fuck the ss option.

just strictly anti hack. I would not fuck with version checks and that type of shit until anti hack is ready to be implemented. Then we can better secure our cheat system with version checking and so on.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »
But i dont even want to try anymore, this server is a total waste of time i was just too idiot to realise it before.

I would really like to see more of the UWC.  It was awesome and I wanted to eventually participate in it.  Just because this vote didn't pass, I don't think you should immediately convert to this hopeless attitude.  I don't see why a small thing like this should prevent you from contributing to the server to the best of your own ability.  Don't get discouraged.  Keep going.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2015, 01:57:36 PM »
It was awesome and I wanted to eventually participate in it.
why didn't you? its a shame eq couldnt gather 16 player brackets instead of 8...

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2015, 01:58:46 PM »
But i dont even want to try anymore, this server is a total waste of time i was just too idiot to realise it before.

I would really like to see more of the UWC.  It was awesome and I wanted to eventually participate in it.  Just because this vote didn't pass, I don't think you should immediately convert to this hopeless attitude.  I don't see why a small thing like this should prevent you from contributing to the server to the best of your own ability.  Don't get discouraged.  Keep going.

I try everything to save this game, unfortunately the staff dont really cares and most of peoples cant play without hacks, im just done.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2015, 02:48:52 PM »
Quote (selected)
why didn't you? its a shame eq couldnt gather 16 player brackets instead of 8...

I could come up with quite a few excuses like having to work, promoting the server, and a few side projects.  Honestly, I don't know what I was doing during the event but it's been a bit since I've even gotten on to play.  It's possible I could have played in it and I probably should have.  I also probably should have mentioned how I felt about all of the boards and regularly updated topics that were implemented for the UWC.  It just creates too much work for the person handling it.  I think the drive to keep up with it quickly decreases when you create an overabundance of routine work such as this.  I actually think that's one of the reasons UWC went downhill.  This reminds me of the saying "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach" except instead of food, it's boards and topics.  o_o

I try everything to save this game, unfortunately the staff dont really cares and most of peoples cant play without hacks, im just done.

I honestly don't see much trying from you.  Trying to save this game would be to continue hosting tournaments for the UWC to bring a better experience to war2 in it's current state.  Also, I played two archers games with a different newb on my team each time the other day.  The host asked me if it was okay and I gladly played with them on my team.  This was probably the first map that these guys had ever played on the server and I tried to coach them from start to finish.  Maybe they will get on the server again because they felt welcome and would like to learn more about the map they played.  They have also met a player who is willing to help them learn.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen random players saying that I was the one to teach them how to play.  After those games I went and joined one of your GOW games.  I was welcomed to a S9, to which I replied s9=bananas, and was immediately banned from the game.  How does this help save the game?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2015, 02:57:29 PM »
Quote (selected)

I could come up with quite a few excuses like having to work, promoting the server, and a few side projects.  Honestly, I don't know what I was doing during the event but it's been a bit since I've even gotten on to play.  It's possible I could have played in it and I probably should have.  I also probably should have mentioned how I felt about all of the boards and regularly updated topics that were implemented for the UWC.  It just creates too much work for the person handling it.  I think the drive to keep up with it quickly decreases when you create an overabundance of routine work such as this.  I actually think that's one of the reasons UWC went downhill.  This reminds me of the saying "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach" except instead of food, it's boards and topics.  o_o

I honestly don't see much trying from you.  Trying to save this game would be to continue hosting tournaments for the UWC to bring a better experience to war2 in it's current state.  Also, I played two archers games with a different newb on my team each time the other day.  The host asked me if it was okay and I gladly played with them on my team.  This was probably the first map that these guys had ever played on the server and I tried to coach them from start to finish.  Maybe they will get on the server again because they felt welcome and would like to learn more about the map they played.  They have also met a player who is willing to help them learn.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen random players saying that I was the one to teach them how to play.  After those games I went and joined one of your GOW games.  I was welcomed to a S9, to which I replied s9=bananas, and was immediately banned from the game.  How does this help save the game?

You dint see no shit because your comming on this forum twice per week and com to server once for year.

I host tournament since 2006, what your saying is pure bullshit and only your own words.

If you want to waste your time for a game where the staff is lazy and the player are hacker, go get it, for my own part it's enouph, thank you.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »
After those games I went and joined one of your GOW games.  I was welcomed to a S9, to which I replied s9=bananas, and was immediately banned from the game.  How does this help save the game?

This raises an important point - i really think the non-gowers actually contribute way more to the war2 and community growth than the regular gowers. They think they're real war2 and master race but in reality they're the least needed players here. I'm sure all the non-tunnel visioned admins agree, but i don't care if they do. Opinions can't change the reality. And we all know what that reality is. It starts with the "s9" and ends with a ban

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2015, 03:23:03 PM »
Reality start with staff, im sorry but you guys gonna have to open your eyes a good day.