Author Topic: October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet  (Read 59047 times)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: October 24th $100 GOW Tournament Finals: 00Joe vs Braviet
« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2015, 07:29:02 PM »

This isn't a small scale route it's tons of papers and planning and work.

LMFAO

HAHAHA

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2015, 07:29:28 PM »
Of course, it took a brain to build the routes in an efficient way so they could be delivered optimally. Started out with 1 route and built them up in the areas we needed and wanted. Our original idea and we built them the way we wanted so that it takes the quick amount of time it does now. Besides feet of snow, ice, and bad rain and shit it takes 3-4 hours a day and is just going out and doing it every day. I get to be in nature and make great money for a few hours of work a day.

Also swift why make TONS bold I was being literal. On a Sunday route day the biggest day they are in bundles of 8 or less and weighing over 20 pounds a piece. We ACTUALLY do have a ton of papers on Sunday fool.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »
Yeah the generation of people who get their news in the form of paper is quickly dying literally

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2015, 07:31:15 PM »
News is going online that's very true. The newspaper we deliver they can either go online or have it in hard copy. All of our customers have that choice and still take the paper. The older generation and many of the younger generation prefer something to hold on to. Ebooks were projected years ago to pass normal books, normal books are still ahead in sales.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »

It's so fitting that he would defend something like the complexities and hardships of being a newpaper delivery bike boy right after defending his skill as a pball player.

I just don't like him claiming to be a super genius when is about the most retarded person on this forum and possibly the server. You hoes don't deal with this simpleton most nights on the server like I do. 

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
Lol you're an idiot if you think I claimed I was a super genius Ryu. All I did was defend myself with the truth. I did score those scores on the ITEDS and other such tests every year I took them in school. You are a sad troll these days Ryu, haha get a life bro.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:17 PM »
TK how about you record the finals on Sunday this time around then.
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
This is getting borderline bullying as it will never get through to Smeagol that he is a bit out of touch with what a truly hard job / skillfull map is and it won't ever be made clear to him. i'm done
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
Lol this shit is actually beyond retarded has been for a while. First you guys claim you own me in PBall which you can't and won't back up. Now you claim a job I've done for 15 years and made a living just fine is a bad job or something. I could care less what you or Ryu have to say, you are a couple of trolls and fools. Swift can't even comprehend what a 700 paper route encompasses and thinks it could be done on a bike he is so retarded. Swift you are a narcissist and and a fool with an ego problem. Ryu you are a troll with possible Borderline Personality disorder. You guys all lick each others asses then convince yourself you are making progress, you are just retards that is all.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »
Alright can we please get back on topic, this thread isn't supposed to be about smeagols paper route and what not.
war2 > war3

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2015, 07:40:36 PM »
Hahaha this thread was never about what it was supposed to be Tora. For a few pages then Swift and TK started talking shit about PBall. Then ryu came in with his irrelevant crap and bringing up what people do for a living. 90% of this thread should be put in flame wars.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »
And as far as "skill" with p ball goes, don't worry I have decided a fun way to prove if Pball does take skill or not.
Stay tuned next week. ;D
war2 > war3

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
Also swift why make TONS bold I was being literal. On a Sunday route day the biggest day they are in bundles of 8 or less and weighing over 20 pounds a piece. We ACTUALLY do have a ton of papers on Sunday fool.

I'm surprised you have no idea why I bolded tons, but lets change the subject a bit here.

So how many papers do you deliver on sunday?
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2015, 08:00:28 PM »
It is tons on some of the days that's why you sound like a fool. Also imagine 700 houses, now imagine those 700 houses split between 20 routes in a city of 60,000. If you think you could go out without planning or teamwork and deliver those papers you are sadly mistaken. It is miles of routes with 700 papers and 100s of pounds and yes TONS on Sunday and Black Friday. Your ignorance of something is no excuse, all good though. How about them replays? :P

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
I would say that pball does have a skillset required.  The amount of micro required to be the best at this would be a lot.  The other thing that goes along with a map like this is to have a single minded focus on learning only one map.  Smeagol's greatest attribute and quite possibly biggest detriment is that he was able to consistently play only this map.  To think that anyone in this era of w2 would have the ability and the patience to accomplish both is pretty egotistical.  As tk has hinted, there aren't enough pball players.  It would be hard to get in the volume required just to achieve the muscle memory to be considered great.  Time is also another issue here.  Does anyone who still plays w2 and has the requisite traits to become great at pball have the time for it?  The answer is closer to no than anything else. 

The skillset for pball is quite small and smeagol has obviously peaked for his ability.  Developing micro to that level would be inefficient if you were a player of many maps.  Because maps require so many other skills, especially bnes, it is not shocking at all that it isn't easy for someone to just randomly play a map for 2 days and beat smeagol.  However, there is no way that a player who specializes in only pball should try to compare themselves to a "gow" player.  While you may have a micro advantage, the peak of being a micro only player is somewhere around BHC-Hawk level.  Is that commendable?  Yes and also probably because hawk is a nice guy.  On the other hand, he is nowhere near the top of any list for being a great player.

What does it all mean?  Nothing really.  Smeagol enjoys pball and is being attacked for no reason.  I ask that "gow" players lay off him.  Let him enjoy w2.  Also for Smeagol, understand that gow is a lot more intricate and requires a lot more of a well rounded skillset.  I came from a customs background and with time, you get to understand that everything has different versions and requirements of how to use a skillset.  My high apm has been an advantage in late games but I do not have your micro skills so it is something I have had to spend time developing.  There is also resource management that comes into play in maps such as these.  In a map as developed and played as gow, you have to be at least very good at all aspects of w2 to be a "great" player.  Understanding what is possible due to amount of units built/build orders/building placements and time requirements takes time.  You also have to pattern map your enemies to win the situations that are normally 50/50 or less for yourself.  Just as I and others can see alot of nuances in gow, there are surely things you do/think that we don't see.  Understanding that, you can have a greater appreciation of how big w2 can be and maybe branch out and give other things a shot.  Perhaps, you'll also find some extra pball players that try to take you up on your challenge.  Embrace the new faces and don't do what the gow community has done to new players.  You can't change the gow community anymore but as the leader of pball you can surely up the fun factor for those new to it and possibly find yourself new challenges and many more games.

Cliff Notes:  Lol why you read this far?