Author Topic: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest  (Read 19935 times)

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
Re: Perfect Unit Control On Fastest
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2015, 10:59:52 AM »
You are a like a little kid you make claims that are bullshit. I'm done debating and especially with you, white trash trailer park puke. How's that? No one can beat it in 10 times and if they do it's a fluke. Beat it in 10 times an record it. God you're a piece of shit TK, go cry on some other topics like usual.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:53:50 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »
You worked hard at getting me to not like you on here TK as did Swift. You can kiss my ass it's a video game and I get sick of your baseless claims. You still didn't 1v1 and you haven't produced a video of this map beating it nor in 10 tries, suck my dick you know you wanna.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:04:36 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
Also I read this forum for several months before joining. The main reason I didn't join is I didn't want to lower myself to your level TK. This forum is filled with NOT ALL but a lot of retards. For real like pure retards like you and Swift. You guys take the shit on here so serious, even the ones who don't play anymore some of them take this game so seriously. You are mostly a bunch of trolls ,and besides Blid and Lance everyone I've debated with were pure trolls for the most part. The main reason I made an account was to defend myself from EQ on that one post, but the forum is good to advertise tournaments. TK you can make all the claims you want, beat the map don't care. The norm on this forum just seems to spout some bullshit whether it's based in fact or not and that's just fine because you've got a big group to back you. 1v1 me TK or you are a worthless little worm(this is true anyway). Anyway just thought I'd tell what I thought of probably 3/4 of the people on this forum. Talk about Warcraft 2 and get over yourself and the video game you play. I enjoy PBall because it's the type of video game I enjoy, I could care less what you believe in just thought I'd give it a go with the attitude towards PBall on here. Now go fuck yourself TK and any of you other losers who take this so seriously and forget we're here to discuss a video game lmao.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:16:56 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »
What I found tricky about that map where you kill all the grunts is I can right click the grunts faster than the peon attacks.  I didn't try the map enough times to figure it out, whether if I click on every single grunt will I kill them all, or will the attack speed of the peon be too slow and some of my commands will get skipped... I think some would get skipped so you have to like wait for the peon a bit to make your attacks, but you can get ahead a little bit maybe?  I don't know.  I died after killing like 10-15 grunts and after 4-5 tries I didn't want to play anymore because it wasn't worth the bother.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 12:41:28 PM »
Smeagol w/ the triple post lol.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »
What pisses me off is when strictly custom newbs come on here and act like they have any clue what they're talking about because they honestly believe they understand the complexity of this game after getting good at a few NEWB MAPS with little complexity.

I feel comfortable saying this because I know I have a very deep understanding of the game. I'm not the best, but I'm damn good when I'm peaked out... and veven  when i have not played in a year and can't even beat van (he blows) I still understand the game the same as if I were peaked. I've played it for 17 years

I've went through periods where I primarily played gowbne fastest, periods of archers, periods of kort, periods of bhg, and even a period of DK2 and within a week or two of playing ALL of them I was nearly as good or better than whoever was considered the "best" in that map/speed/resource

So yeah, until u can go to gow ef, pos F, gowbne fastest, or any other map and compete with top players in all of them within a week or two don't run around here saying fastest takes more skill than EF, or pball takes a lot of skill... because neither are true, u just don't have the experience to know what you're saying is complete BS

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »

What pisses me off is when strictly custom newbs come on here and act like they have any clue what they're talking about because they honestly believe they understand the complexity of this game after getting good at a few NEWB MAPS with little complexity.

I feel comfortable saying this because I know I have a very deep understanding of the game. I'm not the best, but I'm damn good when I'm peaked out... and veven  when i have not played in a year and can't even beat van (he blows) I still understand the game the same as if I were peaked. I've played it for 17 years

I've went through periods where I primarily played gowbne fastest, periods of archers, periods of kort, periods of bhg, and even a period of DK2 and within a week or two of playing ALL of them I was nearly as good or better than whoever was considered the "best" in that map/speed/resource

So yeah, until u can go to gow ef, pos F, gowbne fastest, or any other map and compete with top players in all of them within a week or two don't run around here saying fastest takes more skill than EF, or pball takes a lot of skill... because neither are true, u just don't have the experience to know what you're saying is complete BS

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »
U come on here saying dumb shit around guys that have been playing this game for almost 2 decades and have experience in every single map/speed/red .. they're going to know immediately "he just said something really dumb" .. a few of us are going to let you know its dumb.. some will keep quiet sure but even they know its dumb and has no merit.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2015, 01:36:50 PM »
What I found tricky about that map where you kill all the grunts is I can right click the grunts faster than the peon attacks.  I didn't try the map enough times to figure it out, whether if I click on every single grunt will I kill them all, or will the attack speed of the peon be too slow and some of my commands will get skipped... I think some would get skipped so you have to like wait for the peon a bit to make your attacks, but you can get ahead a little bit maybe?  I don't know.  I died after killing like 10-15 grunts and after 4-5 tries I didn't want to play anymore because it wasn't worth the bother.

There is a reason why your commands "are skipped".  So it's not just your perception,  it's an actual problem and the cause is the game speed.  The faster the game, the slower your units will respond.  So yes, you do have to wait before issuing a command,  something you dont need to do in EF because shit just does things when it's suppose to.  It just goes to show that latency is a serious problem and it inhabits the user's actual skill at doing a task causing them to be more inefficient.  This map is inherently easy,  that is why it gets easier the slower you make the speed.  Not because you have time to "think" but because the time between you telling the peon to do something and the actual action happening is MUCH faster than it would be if it were done on Fastest.

In otherwords,  you actually have to LOWER your APM (by waiting for the command to complete) in order to excel at this map which is backwards from what you'd really want to do.  You're to good Blid,  you just have to adjust and then you'll see why this map is stupid ;)
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Lance, attack speed also is a limiting factor.  I mean, if I have a dragon or a ballista and right click 10 different enemies with it, a lot of the commands will get lost even in a local game, because the attack speed of the unit isn't as fast as you are putting in commands.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Yes Lance isn't fully correct in his review of how a peasant works on fastest.  Blid there is a specific rhythm you have to get into to take the men correctly. You can do it as fast you want basically if you know to follow that rhythm and continue to click correctly. In EF it made it so you have to literally wait for each chop visually so it made it more annoying but you still have more time to react. TK as for the worn out debate I have played Warcraft 2 since 1998, pretty much every BNE and so many customs, BNE(for 4 years was never pro tho), Chop, BGH, Free Castles, Waterknights, Archers, Laser Tag, Cats and Ratz, RPGs, PBall i stopped playing BNEs as much when I found PBall because i find it more enjoyable. Anyway I said my peace I have nothing to prove on that subject.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:53:06 PM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2015, 05:58:26 PM »
I attempted this map and it was quite boring.  I got to about 120 kills before I gave up and just quit.  How many units keep coming?  Are they being created from a barracks or is there a limited supply somewhere.  I didnt look at the map in an editor or anything.  But mindless a-click-a-click-a-cl..... ya,  no thanks.  I think I killed enough to prove that it only takes a couple tries to beat the map.  My wrist is killing me,  I think thats about all I gained from the map :)  I spose I should probably watch the whole video to see if it ever ends eh? hahaha  I did notice that in order to start the flow I had to kill a farm to the right and then hurry up and move back to the corner as the flow started.  Why do you have to kill the farm to start them?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:00:30 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
When a computer's farm is killed they will send a big rush of any units that are in a certain vicinity and are that color. It is used in different PBall style RPGs like The Dark Cave! BrightXero and I use the same technique in some of our maps I got Bright into making maps. There is 296 grunts on that map total and yeah it can be an endurance map as your wrist starts bothering you, kind of like footman frenzy and free castles type stuff but I hate that. I have beat it on fastest in 20 minuets or less but the other 2 times I beat it alone was about 30-60+. With a partner I beat it twice once with QUICK{hR} and once with Xcal and its quite a bit easier and doesn't take as long. Like I said it's not a full RPG it's more of a challenge map like in the early of days of Warcraft 2 people made different building or unit challenges maps. Peasant vs Comp is a decently hard map it can be frustrating.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »
You mean its actually a real map that people have played?  I thought it was just a map you slapped together to show off apm or something.  I wouldnt consider it a real map at all beyond seeing how long you can last before you get arthritis.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2015, 08:18:51 PM »
Oh no I made the peon vs 296 grunts map. It pretty much is just slapped together. The base map is actually my PBall map 40 Man PBall. I just took one area and made it more dense forest with the units you see. The Dark Cave! the RPG that I got killing farms to get rushes is a real map that is well known though. There are many PBalls that are well known even a few of my own. I have made 100 maps or so PBalls, RPGs, Small vs Large PBalls, and some normal customs. By the challenge maps I mean I read somewhere once people got the peon race thing out of other "race" or "challenge" maps in the old days.