Poll

Do you want iL to sell war2ru to Tk!

Yes
2 (22.2%)
No
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 12, 2015, 10:33:23 PM

Author Topic: Do you want iL to sell war2ru to Tk!  (Read 27044 times)

Offline GreenPlastic

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Do you want iL to sell war2ru to Tk!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
This reminds me of when war2custom was being floated.  People didn't want to trust lance cuz of his recent past.  Now we've repeated history, no one wants tk to get it because of how "involved" Equinox is in his support.  Equinox is this era's {lance}, minus the hacking, programming, and English.  Even more amusing is that more people would trust lance to admin/help them over Equinox in his current meltdown mode.  I think the ultimate joke would be to grant lance admin for the sole purpose of banning Equinox.  W2 is on its last legs so we might as well have some huge drama entertainment.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2015, 08:01:46 AM »

You crack me up.  If thats the case, then what class would that make you since you lost?

Com to server now you will see my class.

Class: Hacker & Gambling Addict

Class: Hacker & Gambling Addict in Debt*

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

You're right. I stand corrected.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2015, 08:03:02 AM »
This reminds me of when war2custom was being floated.  People didn't want to trust lance cuz of his recent past.  Now we've repeated history, no one wants tk to get it because of how "involved" Equinox is in his support.  Equinox is this era's {lance}, minus the hacking, programming, and English.  Even more amusing is that more people would trust lance to admin/help them over Equinox in his current meltdown mode.  I think the ultimate joke would be to grant lance admin for the sole purpose of banning Equinox.  W2 is on its last legs so we might as well have some huge drama entertainment.
I wouldn't compare equinox to lance, haha.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
Don't you people have better things to do, lol? wc2 is a great game, but there's more to life than trying to micromanage a tiny community of aging gamers!

This is the exact attitude that has lead to the fall of this game. If you don't have time, GTFO and let others who do take charge. Why do you think the community is so small? Its because none of the admins really give a shit or are too busy to spend the time needed for the success of the game, yet at the same time they stand in the way of people who do have the time. The people who's lives are war2, should be the ones in charge. Not the people who log on the forums once a week to criticize the people who are trying to help.

There are no excuses for the small population PERIOD. There are tons of brood war servers with hundreds to thousands of players on at all times, several war3 servers with thousands. We are the ONLY war2 server, there should be hundreds of players on at all times. The only people to blame are the ones in charge.

Who are these "others" who will supposedly take charge? The people running the server now are the only ones who have demonstrated that they're willing to make any kind of meaningful contribution to it. As far as I can tell, the other candidates ARE the people who log onto the forums to criticize the people who are trying to help (though far more often than once a week, unfortunately).

If iL and company didn't host a FREE server for people to play on, FOR FREE, there would BE NO MORE WARCRAFT 2. Do you guys understand that? ru can't be killing Warcraft 2 if the only reason there IS still a Warcraft 2 is ru. What would we be doing if there wasn't, playing on East with muted cd keys and sending Blizzard hate mail? I hadn't played wc2 in years, I thought it was over until I found this place in 2011. The sense of entitlement from all the haters is ludicrous, as if by paying out of pocket for a server that people can use for free and spending his own time upgrading and improving it, and doing that for years, iL somehow owes any wc2 player anything.
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2015, 11:25:41 AM »

Who are these "others" who will supposedly take charge? The people running the server now are the only ones who have demonstrated that they're willing to make any kind of meaningful contribution to it. As far as I can tell, the other candidates ARE the people who log onto the forums to criticize the people who are trying to help (though far more often than once a week, unfortunately).

If iL and company didn't host a FREE server for people to play on, FOR FREE, there would BE NO MORE WARCRAFT 2. Do you guys understand that? ru can't be killing Warcraft 2 if the only reason there IS still a Warcraft 2 is ru. What would we be doing if there wasn't, playing on East with muted cd keys and sending Blizzard hate mail? I hadn't played wc2 in years, I thought it was over until I found this place in 2011. The sense of entitlement from all the haters is ludicrous, as if by paying out of pocket for a server that people can use for free and spending his own time upgrading and improving it, and doing that for years, iL somehow owes any wc2 player anything.

Nobody is complaining about iL, he does a very good job but he is basically a 1 man army. What people are complaining about is guys like foonat/LB who log on once a year and do absolutely nothing but are somehow admins? I cannot comment on what goes on in game as I never log on but from what I can see from the forums and reading other people's posts, these two in particular are never on and/or never do anything. Name one thing beneficial that either of them has done in the last 3 months?

Meanwhile we have guys like EQ/yamon/tupac who have loads of time/dedication to the game and can actually do stuff that will help the game (programes/codes, leagues, helping new players, etc). I am not even saying you should remove them, you can keep them around for whatever purpose they may serve, but if they aren't active, more admins are needed but you and all the other admins seem vehemently opposed to allowing ANY new admins/mods, I can only speculate for fear/insecurity that they will outshine you and force you to actually have to do something.

Also, if RU didn't exist, someone else would have made a server and other people have created servers in the past WWG, lance.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:32:00 AM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2015, 11:45:19 AM »

Nobody is complaining about iL, he does a very good job but he is basically a 1 man army. What people are complaining about is guys like foonat/LB who log on once a year and do absolutely nothing but are somehow admins? I cannot comment on what goes on in game as I never log on but from what I can see from the forums and reading other people's posts, these two in particular are never on and/or never do anything. Name one thing beneficial that either of them has done in the last 3 months?

Meanwhile we have guys like EQ/yamon/tupac who have loads of time/dedication to the game and can actually do stuff that will help the game (programes/codes, leagues, helping new players, etc). I am not even saying you should remove them, you can keep them around for whatever purpose they may serve, but if they aren't active, more admins are needed but you and all the other admins seem vehemently opposed to allowing ANY new admins/mods, I can only speculate for fear/insecurity that they will outshine you and force you to actually have to do something.

Also, if RU didn't exist, someone else would have made a server and other people have created servers in the past WWG, lance.

it's like every time you present them with an argument and the concerns of the community, they turn it into boosting egos, or take away from what everyone has already done, with their heads stuck up their ass

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »
ldir/burnt/blid/il etc are a proven thing, why risk it with an unsure change in tk

tk was caught outing my smurfs WHILE he was admin, can't be trusted and shouldn't be an admin let alone owner.
The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline Yamon

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »
ldir/burnt/blid/il etc are a proven thing, why risk it with an unsure change in tk

tk was caught outing my smurfs WHILE he was admin, can't be trusted and shouldn't be an admin let alone owner.

i don't know how that clown ever even got admin

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:01 PM »
I think I told mystical one of ur smurf names one time when I was drunk.. that's the only time anything like that has happened.. boo hoo.. and the smurf name of ur was one I knew without "cheating" and looking it up

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »
I logged on yesterday and yam on and mouse were the only non-idle people in channel. I was surfing asking for a game .. yam on dodged and mouse top her went afk after I asked what map.. it's like the people in charge or people who want to be in charge really only have an interest in being in charge instead of playing the game.. I Coulda  been a new player for all yamon knew .. and if I was, I probably would have never returned to the server because too many people don't realize sometimes u gotta play people, maps, or resources u don't wanna play to keep games going and people in the community around.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »
it's not fair to expect people play with every new player/smurf that logs onto the server and asks for a game in chat, although it would be nice.  not really fair to draw sweeping conclusions about those two people because they didn't want to play with you at that particular time either

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »
you did a lot of stuff as admin without consulting others, including major things like deleting all ipbans.  (to which il simply responded, "why not, lets try your way").  i was rereading the thread from when you tried to delete equinox and his post history.  i think you had valid points when asking why you were ranked second class to mouse in terms of power on these forums.  you were right that as the most active admin on the server, you deserved to have full rights on here as well (imo). 

but i also think doing/attempting to do major things like those without asking was not really being a team player.  if me and il and mouse all think, nah, it's probably not a good idea to delete a persons entire post history, it will leave huge holes in the forum and isnt good, and you want to do it anyway, that's bad teamwork.  you need to have the right to make your own judgments but when everyone disagrees with you, you also need to be willing to accept that.  or you can quit, that's your right too. which you did, so okay.  but i think the size of the grudge you've been carrying around since then is not really merited. 

your vision for the server is good, but you wouldn't be able to do all that iL can do if you "bought the server."  as such the best way to handle things would have been, imo, to patiently hash the issues out with the other people on the team.  make your complaints known, but also respect that about some things, other people may have differing opinions, and that if you are in the minority, maybe it's something to back down on.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2015, 12:37:23 PM »
Why does it matter if they are smurf or not? If they are there to play war2 they are a part of the community. If they leave because nobody will play that is the communities fault. Anyone who claims to desire an active community should be doing everything they can to make sure people who want to play actually get a chance to play... that's the problem, too many people cherry picking what games they play andvwhovthey play with nearly 100% of the time.. a new player is doomed frombthevstart

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »
Why does it matter if they are smurf or not? If they are there to play war2 they are a part of the community. If they leave because nobody will play that is the communities fault. Anyone who claims to desire an active community should be doing everything they can to make sure people who want to play actually get a chance to play... that's the problem, too many people cherry picking what games they play andvwhovthey play with nearly 100% of the time.. a new player is doomed frombthevstart
well, what if it wasn't a smurf?  what if it was paperboy in the chat asking yamon or mouse to play... but they didn't really want to play at that time?  i don't think just being logged in and looking at the chat means you have to play whoever is asking.

it's bad to boot or ignore people without games on their record who are new or returning.  but that doesn't mean everyone has a duty to play everyone all the time

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2015, 03:09:12 AM »
The blid is wise.
squeak!